BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 142 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Would it not have been easier and cheaper to just shoot them all?

In other news, after it was short listed for the excellent Stan Lee Excelsior awards to pick up vol. 1 of the New 52 Supergirl, which was pretty good. However, I'm hoping some can explain to to me what the New 52 meta is all about. I'm getting that it's a reboot, but the why and how eludes me.
    Fans got tired of hearing about the superboy punch that changed reality. Basically with so many writters stories started to conflict.

The Red Hood is one and Wonder Woman is another.

To solve the problem without using the super boy punch that ultered reality they decided to recon everything.

The biggest problem with that was they just finished a big batman storyline and a big green lantern story line. They just went through the trouble of making Jason Todd, darn too many robins. I mean Dick Grayson into Batman and the whole white lantern story line with all the differant ring factions.

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Look out! It's the Lame League!

Nice models though. Shame they're DC.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Gail Simones run on Red Sonja is starting soon with a bunch of alternate covers by female artists. My favourite:

DC Women Kicking *** has an excellent interview with Ms Simone about the series [URL="http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/55266444606/gail-simone-talks-about-her-red-sonja-hitting-the"]here[/URL]. Always been a big Conan fan and Red Sonja too though the costume is still off-putting.

You can see the other variant covers [URL="http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/47480460998/simones-red-sonja-gets-more-variants"]here[/URL]
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-13-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

is she drunk in that pic?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Probly a little, but she's putting it on mostly, see her eye, she's waiting for the men to pounce so she can obliterfry them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

either that or 'ugh why now, I am far too drunk'
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

It was quite controversial until people pointed out one eye is open and she is looking, as much as she can, in the mens direction. Being too drunk won't stop her beating the snot out of the men though.

First-Captain

A bit of a digression, but I loved Sandahl Bergman's Valleria in the original Conan movies. Strong, unafraid, and easily Conan's equal.

Pity she didn't get to play Red Sonja. She would've been spectacular in that role...much better than Brigitte Nielsen.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Gail Simones run on Red Sonja is starting soon with a bunch of alternate covers by female artists. My favourite:

DC Women Kicking *** has an excellent interview with Ms Simone about the series [URL="http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/55266444606/gail-simone-talks-about-her-red-sonja-hitting-the"]here[/URL]. Always been a big Conan fan and Red Sonja too though the costume is still off-putting.

You can see the other variant covers [URL="http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/47480460998/simones-red-sonja-gets-more-variants"]here[/URL]
    Red Sonya: ummm. Everyone always runs away from me. Thinks back when she saves a drunk lady.

* Sonya proceeds to drink and pass out near camp fire*

Bandits #1 : " is that Red Sonya."
    Bandit#2: " Yes it is! Runnnnnnnn!"
    Bandit#3: "Wait. She is drunk and passed out. We can rape her and than kill her. We will be legendary and famous(Anime always give being famous a reason to do something)".
    Bandit#2: " Remember Joe and Bob. She beheaded them both and burn down their homes. I heard she lay traps now a days and lure bandits to their doom."
    Bandit#1" Look at that body. We have a chance for fun and you want to run. We rape her and kill her."
    Bandit#2: " I guess so, I still think it is a bad ideal. We might be punished by the sex god roth. Vic had died cause he decided to rape and plonder the village near the swamp. He started swelling up and puked blod till he died. Not all women are good women."
    Bandit#3" Look I am going down there. This is a once in a life time experiance. If I am smitten by a curse, than I laugh at it ,because I will be famous for having my way with that witch and slaying her. I will have a statue made in my honor and I will live on. Tell me. It's 3 vs a drunken sleeping witch. What can go wrong."
    Bandit#2" I guess so. I did warn you if we all die though".
    Bandit#1 " enough let's go!"

* Bandits approaches Sonya*

* Sonya thinks to herself. " boy I thought they will never come"

* 15 seconds later Sonya is covered in blood with 3 heads in her hands laughing wildly."