BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Don't let anyone let you skip out on Grant Morrison's run on X-Men. It's probably the best X-Men run ever written.

www.queencityguard.com

Adeptus Custodes

Theres a few comic books shops around shaftesbury avenue- including a large forbidden planet. There's another directly across the road from the british museum. The owner there was quite helpful in pointing me to others.

Edit: I forgot theres an independent comic book shop quite close to china town, on the covent garden side.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 10-01-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    More Necromunda please.

If you follow writers, you might want to look into the new "Resurrection Man" (from DC) written by Dan Abnett. And one of the Superman titles is written by Paul Cornell (of Doctor Who fame).
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Librarian

For Spiderman, I was always a sucker for the Maximum Carnage storyline. A large cast of heroes and villains, a cool overarching plot, and most of the characters don't need a huge amount of backstory (you probably know who Spiderman is, and probably Venom too. Captain America is also pretty self-explanatory).

For X-Men, while it's pretty confusing, I really liked Age of Apocalypse. However, I find that story works best if you're already pretty steeped in X-Men lore, so not so good as a first shot at the universe (seeing as it's an alternate universe with major tweaks and changes to established characters, with occasional side trips into other alternate dimensions). I've started Whedon's "Astonishing" run, and really like it so far.

For a short, Marvel-based story a bit less focused on overt heroes, you could check out Thunderbolts "Faith in Monsters". The art is good, the story is good (albeit not particularly self-inclusive), and I found that I really enjoyed the characters. "Widowmaker" was also good, and a bit of a more concise story.

Not strictly speaking comics, but how does Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: The Animated Series fit into the DC comics continuity? Prior to this 52 reboot obviously.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Not strictly speaking comics, but how does Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: The Animated Series fit into the DC comics continuity? Prior to this 52 reboot obviously.
    Not at all. They're their own continuity but very very fun. Actually, Batman:TAS is the same continuity as Superman:TAS and Justice League, which makes a very nice long run.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

I had intended to say 'how do they fit in or are they in their own continuity' but left that bit out by accident. thanks for answering, I forget we had Batman: TAS on DVD. Going to go watch some more. Love the Art Deco style.

Edit: Ooh, how many of the comics have an Art Deco style to them, like the series, if any?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I had intended to say 'how do they fit in or are they in their own continuity' but left that bit out by accident. thanks for answering, I forget we had Batman: TAS on DVD. Going to go watch some more. Love the Art Deco style.

Edit: Ooh, how many of the comics have an Art Deco style to them, like the series, if any?
    besides the comic series based on Batman:TAS? I think (trying to remember right) the old Starman comics might have had that style.

There was a comic series based on Batman: TAS?

There was a comic series based on Batman: TAS?
    Part of their "kids" line but Batman and Superman TAS had their own books.

Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast