BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    DC have also retconned Aquamans marriage, he isn't married anymore despite the comics saying he is.
    Not entirely accurate. He is married, but his wife Mera as it turns out was already married when she married him and just didn't say anything about that. She was married against her will to a man chosen by her father. This is actually pretty in character for Mera who has a long history of keeping secrets from Arthur (like how she was sent to kill him by her father).

Ohh and DC didn't take too kindly to Batwoman's writer airing his dirty laundry in public so to speak, so he is being replaced on the title as of issue #25 now. That said they have got a pretty good new writer to take the reins though for the life of me I can't remember his name right now. Apparently the overriding reason for not allowing Kate and Maggie to get married is that none of the Bat Family are allowed to have happy personal lives because that's not what they are about. Which is total bollocks really, but that's DiDio reasoning for you.

I got issue #1 of the Forever Evil event though which is very good (Geoff Johns rarely disappoints) and was full of some shocking moments, not least Lex Luthor's summary of what was going on as "Now this is a job for Superman... so where the hell is he?"

In happier news, there are hints that a Captain Marvel film is a real possibility for the Marvel Cinematic Universe phase 3. Possibly sooner and starring Katee Sackhoff if the more optimistic rumours are to be believed.
    If true then this is a damn near perfect piece of casting!
    Last edited by Brakkart; 09-08-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Do we know what underwater laws stance on bigamy is?

[URL="http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/60652072927/five-reasons-that-marc-andreyko-is-a-good-choice-for"]The new writer for Batwoman will be Marc Andreyko[/URL], who I'm hearing nothing but good things about and he apparently has a good relationship with DiDio so that's pleasing. Still livid about the treatment of Williams and co. though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

maybe we should start a pool on how long he lasts...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    maybe we should start a pool on how long he lasts...
    Well I hope for a good long time, especially if his relationship with DiDio is as good as people think it is. But with DCs record it could be anywhere from one issue to 6. One author left before his issue even went on sale and I think another left so abruptly his name ended up being on a book he hadn't written.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart
    Ohh and DC didn't take too kindly to Batwoman's writer airing his dirty laundry in public so to speak, so he is being replaced on the title as of issue #25 now. That said they have got a pretty good new writer to take the reins though for the life of me I can't remember his name right now. Apparently the overriding reason for not allowing Kate and Maggie to get married is that none of the Bat Family are allowed to have happy personal lives because that's not what they are about. Which is total bollocks really, but that's DiDio reasoning for you.
    It is bollocks, I mean the idea that her marrying Maggie would mean less angst and tension is absurd. I mean you have two lesbian workaholic crime fighters, one legitimate, one a vigilante married to each other. That' is so not a recipe for domestic bliss.

If true then this is a damn near perfect piece of casting!
    Yep, it's very vague speculation and rumour but I live in hope. Basically someone at Disney started dropping hints about a Captain Marvel film but said probly not in phase 2, then Katee Sackhoff was approached by Disney about something and no one knows what it is. So it could be anything.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yes but she is twisting wrong. I get what he is trying to show, he just ****ed it up.
    She's in exactly the same pose as the first position in the sketch I posted. She'll miss with her hammer since Power Girl is too close for her to swing properly, but the pose is anatomically correct (even if her figure isn't). Just sayin'.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    but the pose is anatomically correct
    there is too much twist, not physically possible, just try it.

"Heroes shouldn’t have happy personal lives. They are committed to being that person and committed to defending others at the sacrifice of their own personal interests.

That’s very important and something we reinforced. People in the Bat family their personal lives basically suck"

gets a bit cliché if every single character has the same issue surely. not really a comic reader, but I wouldn't want every hero to have this problem all the time.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 09-08-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Chapter-Master

there is too much twist, not physically possible, just try it.

Shoulders are parallel to the direction of throw. Hips are very close to perpendicular to the direction of the throw. Exactly like in the cover drawing. Like I said, perfectly reasonable. If you want to complain about that picture, complain about the absurd waist to hip ratio.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

that guy's twist is nothing like as extreme as harley's, completely off. it isn't remotely possible or reasonable.

Sorry Darklink but the pictures you've produced show what is anatomically possible, but Harley isn't in that pose, her torso is considerably more twisted and her waist is impossibly small. It's complete bollocks.

that guy's twist is nothing like as extreme as harley's, completely off. it isn't remotely possible or reasonable.
    This. The position the athlete is in is what the artist was going for, but it is far too extreme.

Getting back to a possible Captain Marvel film, given Marvels open tactic of poaching talent DC pisses off and generally making them look even worse I wonder if all the fuss over DCs treatment of women (Wonder Woman being 'too difficult' because alien babies arriving to earth is totes easy) would lead them to try and fast track a female lead superhero film? Because if Marvel put out a female lead film based on the relatively unknown Captain Marvel before DC put out a Wonder Woman film it would be another PR win for Marvel.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-08-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Chapter-Master

I know nothing at all about Captain Marvel, but Katee Sackhoff I would like to see in more stuff