BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Hey Gott, that 1st story was rather sad to read. I'm surprised though at the husband. I'm not talking about big man protecting little women, but as spouses I've always felt your supposed to look out for one another. What I do know is if my partner was being humiliated in public I couldn't just sit and watch. Luckily I wouldn't have to as Colleens a rather formidable women.
    This writers experience is nasty reading, made even more so when her Husband is introduced to this prick and he does and says nothing. I'm not saying he had to get physical, but letting him know he'd overstepped and still being polite wasn't impossible.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Banned

My thought is that perhaps he was following her lead since it was her work, but yeah, I would've been less cordial and made my displeasure clear.

Iron Father

I also read his apology, which in he didn't actually admit to being inappropriate. Whilst he said all the right things he didn't actually recognise what he did was wrong. What an a-hole.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Could be the husband is shy and doesn't like confrontations for all we know, the problem still lies with the perpetrator and the fact there was a moderator who did nothing to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I also read his apology, which in he didn't actually admit to being inappropriate. Whilst he said all the right things he didn't actually recognise what he did was wrong. What an a-hole.
    Yup, welcome to the world of the wonderful non apology, where however vile someones treatment of women is we should forget about it because it was just a failed attempt at humour. I'll give him some credit though, he outed himself and apologised rather than trying to hide from it. But not accepting responsibility or acknowledging that his behaviour was completely unacceptable rather outweighs it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Superheroes, comics, and ponies

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

[URL="http://comics-x-aminer.com/2013/12/26/gal-gadot-finally-talks-about-wonder-woman/"]Gal Gadot talks about Wonder Woman[/URL] for the first time.

It’s been said that you’re too skinny for the part. Wonder Woman is large-breasted, is that going to change?

Hmm. I represent the Wonder Women of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go “by the book”…it’d be problematic.

So you’re not going to gain a little weight and start eating carbs before filming begins?

It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regime – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, Brazilian…1,000 and 1 things…I’ll gain body mass.
    I think she has the right idea, quite hopeful.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Thought the slicing off of a knocker was a proven myth?

And I still suspect this new film is going to suck mightily. Man of Steel was bobbins, and how can you drop in WW without a preceding film to give her proper back story?

Plus, Ben Affleck. Urgh.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It is a myth, but it's widespread.

I don't have particularly high hopes, but hopefully if WW is well received at least it might not kill her chances of getting a film. Don't really have much faith in DC/WB though, they make Marvel look positively enlightened when it comes to film.

Dropping her in just strikes as lip service to the character.

£10 she just does a 'Daphne' and winds up as a rescue target for the big manlymenmen to go and rescue because the daft bint left her kitchen and went and bit off more than she could chew.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sadly I agree, I think it's just a case of WB stuffing her in the film to say 'Look, we haven't forgotten about wonder Woman, now shut up while we make a television show about the C list Hourman superhero will you?'.

Page 42 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast