BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    It wasn't just me then. That's good to know.

By, the way, can you tell me who all the baddies are? I got LL, Joker and Catwoman, but the rest escaped me as a casual comic reader.
    Lex Luthor, Joker, Cheetah, Captain Cold, Solomon Grundy, Poison Ivy, and the last one is sort of ambiguous. It could be Riddler, could be Toyman, or it could be someone completely different. I take the frame where it refers to him as a prankster to mean the Riddler as Toyman takes himself far too seriously to be called a prankster.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Even as an 8 year old Power Girl is awesome.

My cousins loved JL8, though now I have to make my eight year old cousin a Power Girl costume.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Yes.

Chapter-Master

one for EG

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EG.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	8224
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Poor old Bruce.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    one for EG

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EG.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	8224
    Adawbs.

If you're not reading Red Sonja by Gail Simone, you should be.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

[url]http://saladinahmed.tumblr.com/post/82626247806/before-batgirl-weirder-than-wonder-woman-lost[/url]

Pre-comics code lady heroes.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If you're not reading Red Sonja by Gail Simone, you should be.><
    Totally agree, brilliant series. Both of the Red Sonja comics (at least I think there's only 2 titles, might be more) that Dynamite are putting out are great reads.

I'm gutted that IDW seem to have ended their own continuity of GI Joe comics. Ever since they took over the license they've had a title written by Larry Hama that picked up where Marvel's old series left off (which was also written by Hama) as well as 2-3 titles that were set in an entirely new and much better continuity of their own creating, where Cobra actually was written as a competent and ruthless terrorist army/organisation, unlike the horribly cartoony and bumbling group that Hama writes them as. And they seem to have stopped those titles entirely now.

Very happy with the Superman/Wonder Woman title that I'm getting, which is very well written and is doing a great job of showing why these two are perfect together. I'm hoping that Geoff Johns statement that their relationship will end badly is him messing with fans, because frankly they go together so much better than Superman & Lois Lane ever did.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I second (or maybe that's third...ed?) the Red Sonja books. Red Sonja is the better in my opinion but Legends of Red Sonja is good fantasy too. She only has two books currently but had a couple of mini-series last year.

A couple of other good reads with prominent female leads...

[URL="http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=19490"]Midas Touch[/URL] - An interesting sci-fi story with bits of mythology in it. The story centers around a small group of rebels (really, it's 3 people) fighting against a vast authoritarian federation by discovering midas (who had turned the entire earth to gold by his touch) and weaponizing it to use against the federation. One of my favorite new books (along with Umbral).

[URL="http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=17888"]Rocket Girl[/URL] - An interesting book focusing on a teenage cop from the future who is trying to right a wrong done in the past that causes the future to become controlled by a shadowy mega-corporation. Art by Amy Reeder.

[URL="http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=4535"]Saga [/URL]- Easily one of the best comics out there right now. Focuses on a family fleeing from persecution because the mom and dad are from opposite sides of a galaxy spanning war. Told from the point of view of the daughter who starts off as a newly born infant. Also, illustrated by the remarkable Fiona Staples.

[URL="http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=6649"]Umbral [/URL]- Centers around a young female rogue and her coming to terms with the powers of a gemstone she holds and her role in fighting an incursion by the shadowy Umbral
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    I'm gutted that IDW seem to have ended their own continuity of GI Joe comics. Ever since they took over the license they've had a title written by Larry Hama that picked up where Marvel's old series left off (which was also written by Hama) as well as 2-3 titles that were set in an entirely new and much better continuity of their own creating, where Cobra actually was written as a competent and ruthless terrorist army/organisation, unlike the horribly cartoony and bumbling group that Hama writes them as. And they seem to have stopped those titles entirely now.
    Never fear erm... me of the past, IDW just announced at Wondercon that their own GI Joe continuity will return in September, though they didn't give out any more details on how it will be back. Also they are going to do a GI Joe vs Transformers mini series too because apparently the 7+ times that's been done before by other companies that held the licenses just weren't good enough...
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 49 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast