BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

I can't even afford that! PS4 is coming bro!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm only getting around ten a month.

Brakkart, I know the choice to de-cripple Barbara Gordon is quite controversial. I only found out about the Oracle thing when I played Arkham Asylum so I didn't really have a vested interest in it but I can understand why people would be upset. I know a lot of people want to see Stephanie Brown back in some capacity too. I'd be up for that, the more female characters the better.

I'll put those TPBs on next months buy list. I'm probably going to look at some of the Justice League stuff when I've caught up with Batman, Batman and Robin and Batgirl and perhaps when SoS ends. Maybe Green Lantern and Aquaman as well, though I'm mostly familiar with the latter through Family Guy poking fun at him.

Chronowraith, I've only read Katana in the Birds of Prey and she isn't my favourite, but I might give her solo series a go on principle. I'm glad the first issue was good, that is encouraging. I've been meaning to check out Fables, I like the tv show Once Upon A Time which is very similar apparently (so much so that some fans accused the show of plagiarism, though the author of Fables said that isn't the case). I'll add The Fairest to the list as well.

Fearless Defenders and Captain Marvel seem to be quite divisive, people seem to like them or dislike them. I liked Fearless Defenders as I said, the archaeology angle was nice and I really want to find out what happens next. Not read Captain Marvel yet, hopefully I will like it.
    Buy The Amazing Spideman.

Editor is a personal friend of mine. Though I think he does (or at least did) Batman stuff as well. I know I know, crazy DC/Marvel crossover in the real worlds!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chronowraith, I've only read Katana in the Birds of Prey and she isn't my favourite, but I might give her solo series a go on principle. I'm glad the first issue was good, that is encouraging. I've been meaning to check out Fables, I like the tv show Once Upon A Time which is very similar apparently (so much so that some fans accused the show of plagiarism, though the author of Fables said that isn't the case). I'll add The Fairest to the list as well.

Fearless Defenders and Captain Marvel seem to be quite divisive, people seem to like them or dislike them. I liked Fearless Defenders as I said, the archaeology angle was nice and I really want to find out what happens next. Not read Captain Marvel yet, hopefully I will like it.
    I liked Fearless Defenders better than I thought I would (I"m a long-time fan of Valkyrie myself) but compared to the other books I read it was meh. Nonetheless, I give books until issue 5 to find their feet before making a decision to keep or drop. Captain Marvel didn't make the cut. I didn't mind most things that drove people away (artwork, the weird hair cut, etc) but the story was pretty awful. If you decide you really want to get into Captain Marvel you are welcome to the few issues I own. All they are doing is taking up space at this point.

Fables shares some similarities with Once Upon a Time but given I've only seen the show once or twice I can't really elaborate on that. Fables is my favorite continuing series though and has numerous mini-series spin-offs (including the super secret spy... Cinderella). I've been enjoying Fairest a great deal... the first story-arc was immersive, well written, and incredibly witty.

Justice League is another good book as others have mentioned and probably one of the best of the New 52 titles out there (I'd put Batman slightly ahead).

Also, do you read Wonder Woman? The New 52 is an interesting take on the character and while I thought the first story arc was really weak, the later issues have been more interesting.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    Fables shares some similarities with Once Upon a Time but given I've only seen the show once or twice I can't really elaborate on that. Fables is my favorite continuing series though and has numerous mini-series spin-offs (including the super secret spy... Cinderella). I've been enjoying Fairest a great deal... the first story-arc was immersive, well written, and incredibly witty.
    I've just picked up the first Fables book and I was instantly drawn in. I'm looking forward to reading the rest and would encourage everyone else to give it a go.

For anyone who is fan of the TV series I would recommend picking up Joss Whedon's continuation of the Buffy and Angel series. As you would expect from anything Whedon is involved in writing, it's cracking. The Angel series got a bit all over the place, but he seems to have fixed that by incorporating it into Buffy Series 9.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Have you tried "Global Frequency" or "Planetary" yet? Both finished their runs years ago, both are excellent.

Also, have you read Whedon's X-Men run yet? I recommended it back when I was MaltonNecromancer, and still recommend it now.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Other interesting reads would be Dan Abnett's run of Guardian's of the Galaxy (includes lesbian couple) as well as Abnett's Nova series from a few years ago. All of that comes to a head with the Thanos Imperative and later the Annihilators (Thanos Imperative is a great read, Annihilators is... meh).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

I actually didn't care for Buffy series 8, though to be fair I didn't read all of it. What I did read was insanely silly sometimes. I'm told series 9 is better? Or is expected to better, I'm not sure which. Thanks for the offer Chronowraith but I have the TPB on the way already.

I've been meaning to check out Wonder Woman but I keep getting put off by all the complaints about how her character is written. Like this:

You slap me on the bottom I'll break your wrist. You slap an amazonian demi-godess on the bottom you should be carrying your genitals to the hospital in a take away container full of ice as far as I'm concerned. Or end up as little smears on the floor, walls and ceiling.
    Most opinions I've read seem to put Batman first too, though personally it's in second behind Batwoman. Oddly enough I've seen a lot less chatter about Justice League beyond that it is good, so it has sort of slipped under my radar.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

LOL thats a classic comic.................Why me laugh?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

It's so sad it is almost comical.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

It's so sad it is almost comical.
    Dead those guys are.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast