BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 142 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

I dunno. Never read much stand alone Thor.

But Marvel have said it's not intended as a mere gimmick, but this is now Thor.

As for the Odinson? Maybe he just need's 'Pele's Keepy-Uppy Pills'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I've never read any, I like MCU Thor but not a huge fan of comic Thor, had about enough of him in the couple of issues of the Sif Journey into Mystery comics he appeared in. This Thor however I will be buying the hell out of. Hope it does well just to spite the fanboys but I also hope the quality justifies it lasting a good long time. also to spite teh fanboys.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Just like Beta Ray, I'm sure this new Thor will get an alternate hammer once original Thor becomes worthy again. Which I'm sure he will. Don't be surprised if they do battle at some point either.

Like you I hope Thor (Lady Version) becomes a permanent fixture, that's down to us fans so vote with your wallet.

Soon as I can pre-order it I will. All teh cover variants too 'cos they are gorgeous.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ok extra praise to Disney/Marvel over this, they made the initial announcement on The View which is watched by millions of women. That is how you try and engage the female demographic, you be pro-active. Now even if a relatively small number of viewers decide to give it a shot or buy it for their daughters or sons even it could boost sales a lot. It might not work but smart of them to try.

Also bigger cover art:

Chapter-Master

this is awesome

Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

lol, hadn't seen that one. also look at her biceps! Muscle! *swoon*

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/28340644]And Falcon is to become the new Cap.[/url]

Apparently, someone called Iron Nail did Steve Rogers over, stripping him of his vitality and that.

Falcon will now wield the shield!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    And I'm willing to bet thighs that could crush a skull.

*swoons also*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    And I'm willing to bet thighs that could crush a skull.

*swoons also*
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Ok, something im not understanding about thor... new lady is worthy of mjolnir, becomes Thor because old one isnt worthy anymore. Sure, but the writers (i think) say she IS Thor, also cool, but does.that mean Thor isnt the wielder but some sort of entity inside the hammer itself? Since old Thor is no longer (guess we call him thor?) But i assume is still living, does that make Mjolnir some sort of super parasite or symbiote?
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    Ok, something im not understanding about thor... new lady is worthy of mjolnir, becomes Thor because old one isnt worthy anymore. Sure, but the writers (i think) say she IS Thor, also cool, but does.that mean Thor isnt the wielder but some sort of entity inside the hammer itself? Since old Thor is no longer (guess we call him thor?) But i assume is still living, does that make Mjolnir some sort of super parasite or symbiote?
    No it's not a living entity. The hammer (in marvel lore) was created by dwarves and forged in a dying star. I suggest that those who are worthy of wielding the hammer are then given the title of "Thor". In this storyline at least. Because I can think of a few other marvel heroes who have wielded the hammer and not become "Thor" in other story lines.
    Marvel are really quite loose with their lore and it changes to suit the current story line. So in this regard you could be right with your entity theory.