BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 99 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    She's pretty great, become one of my favourite Asgardian characters since I got into comics.
    Is she as dominant in personality as she looks? I do love powerful women.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yup.

- - - Updated - - -

You could even say she is Hela dominant...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yup.

- - - Updated - - -

You could even say she is Hela dominant...

(have you seen the anime Claymore yet?)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Claymore is awesome, aside from the last couple of episodes.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I like how her bodysuit is pretty much just an Asgardian take on a Skellington Morphsuit.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Um, no. It's not a "fact" that "right wing" (aka "not quite as far left wing") politics are "far more" racist, or any more racist, than "left wing" politics.

Just look at the US president. Did you know he has a white mother, who raised him, along with his white grandparents? You probably don't, and who can blame you? The moment anyone talks about how pathetically bad his politics are, it's all, "Oh, they're racist because he's black!" BULL****! Barack Obama is as white as he is black, genetically! They're basing commentary on skin color, and in the process, spitting on the woman who raised him.
    yes they are, just look at the US nominations. it is a fact that ring wing politics is more racist than left wing politics. trying to deny that is really quite pathetic.

of course, everybody knows Obama's family tree, because the Republicans desperately tried to prove that he wasn't american with it. you are not doing yourself any favours.

the US police force, and many others, has a clearly identifiable issue with race. again, that is very straightforward.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Everyone should read Angela: Queen of Hel, its got a lesbian lead and her trans girlfriend and its written by Marguerite Bennett who is one of the best writers in the industry at the moment.
    The "lesbian lead and trans girlfriend" aren't the reason to read it. Well, the characters are, but their being lesbian or trans doesn't figure into the equation of why someone should read it. A crappy comic that happened to have a lesbian lead with a trans girlfriend wouldn't be worth reading. Angela works because it's an interesting story and a good read.

The series is a bit jarring for those of us who remember the character in her original form (not the lesbian part, just the story around her), and wedging her in as Thor's sister seems rather forced, but otherwise it's all good. Guess those are just side effects of trying to hammer a character from a series about a spawn of Hell fighting both Heaven and Hell into a setting about Norse mythology and superheroes. Could have done without the family relation, though. The character can stand on her own without that unnecessary connection.

I'm also a little concerned about Sera being a bit too open with the literal "Handmaiden." Hard to tell if she was being flirty with her or not, and describing Angela "in detail" seems a bit inappropriate. Must have been awfully lonely in Hel's dungeon.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    The series is a bit jarring for those of us who remember the character in her original form (not the lesbian part, just the story around her), and wedging her in as Thor's sister seems rather forced, but otherwise it's all good. Guess those are just side effects of trying to hammer a character from a series about a spawn of Hell fighting both Heaven and Hell into a setting about Norse mythology and superheroes. Could have done without the family relation, though. The character can stand on her own without that unnecessary connection.
    I suspect part of THAT mess if that whomever started the Thor series utterly messed up the relationships in the first place. Loki is supposed to be Odin's adopted brother and Thor's uncle, and Hela Loki's only daughter. As soon as Marvel made Loki Thor's brother and Odin's adoptive son the family tree of the rest became utterly snarled.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Inane political ramblings of hypocrisy favoring preferred side
    The proper response for this is way too harsh for a topic about Superhero comics. There's no way to respond kindly, so I'll just leave it without response.

This kind of stuff? That's why political crap doesn't belong in comics. ESPECIALLY when it doesn't fit the freaking story, which is one of the biggest problems in Sam Wilson - Captain America (need to have the full name thanks to the upcoming Steve Rogers - Captain America series). The stuff that got thrown in there didn't fit the story at all, and feels like someone had an ax to grind and decided to use a comic to do it.
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 02-01-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I suspect part of THAT mess if that whomever started the Thor series utterly messed up the relationships in the first place. Loki is supposed to be Odin's adopted brother and Thor's uncle, and Hela Loki's only daughter. As soon as Marvel made Loki Thor's brother and Odin's adoptive son the family tree of the rest became utterly snarled.
    They sorted out most of that, and it's fine if it doesn't match actual Norse mythology. It just feels forced that when they got Angela from Image, they decided she had to be Thor's sister, rather than an unrelated character who was also important. She stands well on her own without having to be part of that dysfunctional family.

Speaking of Loki, his appearance in Thor recently has been amusing. His "true" father still hates him and would like to see him dead. Not sure if he was actually trying to gain favor with his father by proving himself, but I love that he used words alone to get all these "strong warriors" to kill themselves, and when his father said, "You were supposed to fight them," he basically said, "Yeah, well, I'm not physically strong enough to fight like that, I fight with words, and you can see it works." Not sure where he's going with Thor, though. Does he really want to help, or not? (And what is up with him having two dozen versions of himself in his head?) I did find it amusing that Thor (Jane Foster) just kept hitting him rather than listening to him... but she does have a reason to hate him.

Not really related to Angela, but on the topic of Loki, I still chuckle at his appearance in Ms. Marvel and the later callback to that with the End of Days stuff. He left "watchers" at the high school and, when some people tried to cause trouble, these creatures came out of the ground and chased them, saying things like "To be pwned by Loki is a great honor" (yes, pwned, not owned) while students cheered "Yay, Hipster Viking Dude!" It's hard not to think of Loki without thinking "Hipster Viking Dude" now, or that "pwned by Loki" phrase.