BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Games Day Australia

Is on now I think? Any antipodes who went post pictures and news here please.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Really? Nothing all day? It was on today, wasn't it? I got up early expecting there would be some kind of thread on it but nothing here or on Warseer.
    I haven't got my timezones mixed up and it is actually on tomorrow, have I? That would be embaressing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

I would have loved to be there, had every thing planned, the money, airfare, hotel, travel plans, and shopping money, what i wanted and a new digital camera also.

Then i got a dreadful flu, and well i guess my praires to rid myself of Nurgle snuck through and sidelined me all week.
    So dissappointed, as i really wanted to go and enjoy the day. Now i have to wait until next year.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

It's a bad day to have the Games Day. The Grand Final is on down here (Aussie Rules) so a lot of people who might have gone to it have begged off.

Add in the fact that only a few of us in this antipodean hell have power, much less internet, and you're in for a slow news day!

Veteran-Sergeant

Exam study killed it for me

Battle-Brother

I thought it was tomorrow.

Luckily, I didn't buy a ticket.

Librarian

Got heaps of photos.Will post them tomorrow once I get home.

All in all, despite nothing new being on display, it was an awesome day. Will definitely be coming back next year.

Good to hear, I'd be interested in a write up of what was there, queus, any seminars etc when its convenient. People assumed the OZ GD would be the poor little brother to the UK one, it would be amusing if it were better.

Banned

I just got back from work (went straight there after!) so I'll have some pics and a write up done in a bit.

Banned

[URL="http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com/2011/10/games-day-australia-2011.html"]Here is my write up, with some pictures.[/URL]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast