BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default G.K. Librarian and Dreadknight

Casting Might on the Dreadknight would bring his Str to 7 with one D6 added to armor penetration? So does that give him make it 7+2D6?

Quote Originally Posted by Baka View Post
    Casting Might on the Dreadknight would bring his Str to 7 with one D6 added to armor penetration? So does that give him make it 7+2D6?
    Check out the Monstrous Creature rules in the main rulebook, and you'll be plesantly surprised to find it's a little bit different to that. Use it with the Greatsword
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Diagnosis is correct it is much more than the 7+2D6. If you use the Dreadknights Hammerhand in addition to the Librarians Might of Titan the Dreadknight is actually rolling 8+3D6 (2D6 for being a monstrous creature and one from MoT). As Diagnosis point out try it with the Greatsword, rerolling ALL failed to hit to wound and Armour Penetration rolls is somthing your opponent hates to see.

Still dies to 1 raider full of splinter rifles =)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Still dies to 1 raider full of splinter rifles =)
    You must have some *****in' *** raiders to fit 72 splinter shots into one raider.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    You must have some *****in' *** raiders to fit 72 splinter shots into one raider.
    Or luck ive seen it taken down in combat by guardsmen but that was a complete fluke

Brother-Sergeant

i once saw a daemon prince die to shotguns. at that point, i stopped categorizing any death as reasonable or unreasonable.
    Life becomes so much more tolerable when you finally admit that it's all part of Tzeentch's plan.

Oh Ive seen all sorts of things die to damned 45 lasgun shots.

As far as splinter rifles go, they are 4+ wound vs Dreadknights right? A squad of 10 double firing has a pretty good chance of killing a dreadknight. Especially when the GK player is prone to rolling 1s =P

Chapter-Master

No, it's not good at killing Dreadknights. Sure, you ignore the T6. But they still have 2+ armor saves.

There's way too much math involved to figure out what exactly the odds are, but you can't just assume that the GK player is going to roll a bunch of ones.

If you look at the averages, it takes four wounds to kill, which requires 24 armor saves, which requires 48 wounds, which requires 72 shots as mentioned above. 50% of the time, it takes 72 or more splinter rifle shots to kill a dreadknight. A raider full of warriors gets 20. Plus a dark lance or two I guess, but the point is, the odds of a single raider killing a dreadknight with splinter rifle fire is pretty poor (quite a bit less than 50%, though we don't know exactly what it is).

Common sense might tell you that a 4+ to wound would be good against Dreadknights since it ignores T6, but common sense does not always line up with reality. Common sense can give you a hypothesis, but you need something to back that hypothesis up. In this case math is sufficient, and the math says the odds are not very good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Soo what you are saying is, bring a second raider full of warriors with splinter rifles...gotcha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast