BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone sick of Purifier lists yet?

Just something im working on for a 2500 tourney im attending soon. Its a bit 'standard' i know but wouldnt mind constructive criticism. Also i seem to be down 24 points. Any suggestions?

Crowe - 150
    Xenos Inquisitor - Rad grenades, Trokes, Combi Melta, Power Armour, Psyker+ Hammerhand - 103

Purifier x10 - 5 Halberds, 1 Hammer, 4 Psycannons - 295 (Rhino here)
    Purifier x5 - 4 Halberds, 1 Incinerator - 128 (Razorback here)
    Purifier x5 - 4 Halberds, 1 Incinerator - 128 (Razorback here)
    Terminators x10 - 2 Psycannon, 8 Halberds, 2 Hammer, Psybolts - 470

Vindicare - 145
    Death Cult Assasins x8, Crusaders x3 - 165 (Inquisitor/Chimera here)

Dreadnaught - Twin Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo - 135

Inquisitorial Chimera - HB/HF, Extra Armor, Dozer Blade - 75
    Razorback - Assault Cannon, Psybolts - 85
    Razorback - Assault Cannon, Psybolts - 85
    Rhino - Searchlight - 41
    Rhino - Searchlight - 41

Total = 2476

Chapter-Master

Brotherhood banner on the Terminators and you're done. Always take the brotherhood banner. It is an auto-include for a unit of 10 Terminators.

I would also try and get a pair of skulls on the Inquisitor. They are quite useful for various purposes, like blocking infiltrating genestealers or scouting vendettas filled with melta/plasma vets/command squads. You won't use them every game, but for 6pts there will be games you'll wish you took them.

The 2 skulls and the banner leave you 7pts over. Drop the dozer blades from the rhino and one halberd from the purifiers and you're good.

And honestly, I don't think incinerators are worth it. You already have Cleansing Flame in spades for hordes, and over the course of the game a psycannon will do far more damage to MEQ and gives you more chances to kill vehicles. You would have to find 20pts somewhere, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I am

Veteran-Sergeant

id drop the assault cannons on the razorbacks. to expensive. HBs 1 less strength and no rending but free! also consider paladins because 2 wounds and what not. if you decide against the palys then consider putting them as combats squads.

Chapter-Master

Upgrading from Terminators to Paladins would be a minimum of another 150pts, and to properly equip the Paladin squad it would be another 50 or so points on top of that. Paladins are great, but you need to build the army around them as opposed to shoe-horning them into a random list. Terminators work just fine here.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

So not knowing how you want to play the razorbacks I want to offer a suggestion and it involves no longer doing a purifier list:

The Razorbacks you will probably keep in the back (especially if it's an objection type game), blasting at people. Those Purifiers will probably never see combat...why not make them normal GKSS with no upgrades?

Right now you are spending 213 points for that purifier razorback combo....but a 5 man GKSS with that razorback is 185 points. If you take away the assault cannon and just take a HB with psybolt, that unit is now 150 points....You could take 2 for 300 when before you were spending 426 points! If you free up 24 more points you could take 3....and at that point you don't need Crowe. So without Crowe you have 150 points to play with, 24 can go into the GKSS and let you take 3 razorbacks with Psybolt HB, and the last 124 added to the 14 points you had left over could be used for a second inquisitor or a 3rd Dreadnought. And they should leave you 3 points under (if you take the Dreadnought).

Sure you have less scoring units on the board but you have more guns and no 150 point tax for your army.

Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by celestialatc; 10-07-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Librarian

I don't get why people are suggesting dropping 2pts of weapons when you are carrying searchlights. Searchlights are as much a hinderance as they are a help, and expose one of your units to shooting if you have the top of the night fight turn.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    I don't get why people are suggesting dropping 2pts of weapons when you are carrying searchlights. Searchlights are as much a hinderance as they are a help, and expose one of your units to shooting if you have the top of the night fight turn.
    Really?

Searchlights are the only way of getting decent odds of shooting something with your whole army in Dawn of War. And if your opponent gets to shoot back, he gets to shoot at Rhinos. Not exactly a vitally important part of your army, as useful as they can be.

Of course, you use them so little that they're not really necessary, but they're far from a hinderance.

TBH i dont want to drop Crowe. I like him as a distraction/counter charger/control point defender.

I am tempted by the Strike Squad idea though. Could drop them down as a defensive unit though their effectiveness is kinda questionable in 5 man.

The Razors have Assault Cannons because they become Psycannons. Its an Aesthetic choice since i plan to use the Psycannon models however i guess the extra range would help.

I was reluctant to buy the Banner for the Termies because they wont always be operating together. My plan is to combat squad them in most situations and only bought them together so i didnt have to buy Psybolts twice. 25 points for an item that will only benefit half the squad alot of the time seemed too much for me.

I would be tempted to strip out enough points to buy a Landraider for my DCA squad but thats something for another army build i think lol.

So if i change it...

Crowe - 150
    Xenos Inquisitor - Rad grenades, Trokes, Combi Melta, Power Armour, Psyker+ Hammerhand - 103

Strike Squad x5 - 1 Psycannon - 110 (Razorback here)
    Strike Squad x5 - 1 Psycannon - 110 (Razorback here)

Vindicare - 145

Inquisitorial Chimera - HB/HF, Extra Armor - 70
    Razorback - Heavy Bolter, Psybolts - 50
    Razorback - Heavy Bolter, Psybolts - 50
    Rhino - Searchlight - 41
    Rhino - Searchlight - 41

Total = 2365

Thats 135 spare...is that kinda fate saying 'Oh look, just enough for a Third Psyfleman Dread...."
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 10-08-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Alternatively...

Crowe - 150
    Xenos Inquisitor - Rad grenades, Trokes, Combi Melta, Power Armour, Psyker+ Hammerhand, 3 Skulls - 112

Purifier x6 - 5 Halberds, 1 Psycannon - 164 (Razorback here)
    Purifier x6 - 5 Halberds, 1 Psycannon - 164 (Razorback here)

Vindicare - 145

Inquisitorial Chimera - HB/HF, Extra Armor - 70
    Razorback - Heavy Bolter, Psybolts - 85
    Razorback - Heavy Bolter, Psybolts - 85
    Rhino - Searchlight - 41
    Rhino - Searchlight - 41

Total = 2482

Now its just 18 points to spare lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast