BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Listed Initiatives & Power Fists

Not entirely certain if this is a 'rules' question per se. Figured this was as good a place to ask as any. One of those "Meh... that's weird. I'll find out one day" questions.

It has always puzzled me that special models with inherent Power Fists detail an Initiative in their respective Codex higher than 1. By way of example: Pedro Kantor has a listed Initiative of 5. All of his close combat attacks are going to be @ Initiative 1, yes? Why bother?

Initiate

He still makes Sweeping Advances at Initiative 5

Quote Originally Posted by Psynikal View Post
    He still makes Sweeping Advances at Initiative 5

Aha! Good point.

Calgar has a sword.

Scout

I guess you don't have to use the Power Fist and can instead bludgeon people with Dorn's Arrow instead? Not really an answer was it really!

Quote Originally Posted by Jipin View Post
    I guess you don't have to use the Power Fist and can instead bludgeon people with Dorn's Arrow instead? Not really an answer was it really!

I believe a model armed with a "normal" and a "special" weapon resolves all attacks in close combat with the special weapon. In the case of the Power Fist + Dorn's Arrow Micro Punisher Cannon of Gory Doom: that would be like... twenty six bazillion attacks @ Initiative 1 for Pedro. Don't think there's a choice unless the model is armed with two "specials".

Note: it is possible that my disdain for the the goody-two-shoes, corpse-worshiping Space Marines may have seeped through a bit there. Apologies. 8)

Pedro has to strike at I1 since he has only 1 special close combat weapon. Calgar can choose to strike at I5 since he has a power sword.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Boor View Post
    Pedro has to strike at I1 since he has only 1 special close combat weapon. Calgar can choose to strike at I5 since he has a power sword.
    Pedro can just make normal close combat attacks (punching, kicking, head butting, whatever) at his base initiative if you choose to.

Not any more BuFFo, that was 4th edition. Now there is the stipulation that you must use a Special CCW if you have one.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Dingareth View Post
    Not any more BuFFo, that was 4th edition. Now there is the stipulation that you must use a Special CCW if you have one.
    Which page is that stipulation on?

Furthermore, some would say he's fighting with two single handed weapons which are both special (one being a special Storm Bolter, the other a Power Fist) so could choose which to use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast