BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Scout

That sounds more like a Fantasy rule to me, can't remember anything like that... though it might've slipped my attention.

It's on page 42 and in the errata. If you have a normal CCW and a special CCW all of your attacks get the bonuses and penalties of the special weapon. The only exception is for fists, hammers and claws where the stipulation is that you don't get the bonus attack, but all attacks use the special weapon profile still.

If you have two special weapons like Marneus Calgar does, you can choose which one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jipin View Post
    Which page is that stipulation on?

Furthermore, some would say he's fighting with two single handed weapons which are both special (one being a special Storm Bolter, the other a Power Fist) so could choose which to use.
    pp.42, 5th ed. Rulebook.

"Special Weapons" are specifically defined (Witchcblades, Power Fists, Force Weapons, Lightning Claws, etc.). Lower right-hand corner lays out the one normal/one special, two special, etc. rules.
    Last edited by Akkon Sek; 08-01-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Arschbombe's post-fu is stronger than mine.

Scout

My point is that Dorn's Arrow is a Special Weapon. So would fall under the "Two special Weapons" option and could choose to punch with his left rather than his right. That point is not in the errata.

I, certainly, would say that if you wanted to strike at regular I & S you could hit me with your fist/head/leg if you wished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jipin View Post
    My point is that Dorn's Arrow is a Special Weapon. So would fall under the "Two special Weapons" option and could choose to punch with his left rather than his right. That point is not in the errata.

I, certainly, would say that if you wanted to strike at regular I & S you could hit me with your fist/head/leg if you wished.
    In your games, it's your call of course. But I would respectfully disagree. It doesn't fall into any of the categories detailed in the rulebook as 'special', nor is it a close combat weapon.

Chaplain

Precisely, just like, say, a Bolter, it's not a CCW, and so cannot be used in Assault in any circumstance.

Homebrews obviously notwithstanding.

Default Power Fist/Claws and another CCW

I'm gonna ask a question here instead of a new thread because it's subject has been indirectly introduced by Arschombe

Quote Originally Posted by Arschbombe View Post
    ...The only exception is for fists, hammers and claws where the stipulation is that you don't get the bonus attack, but all attacks use the special weapon profile still.
    So, if you have a power fist or "powa klaw" and a pistol, do you still get the +1 for having 2 CCWs? Do those jumbo, mechanized, electrified weapons really count as CCWs?

Quote Originally Posted by gold 'orn silvateef View Post
    So, if you have a power fist or "powa klaw" and a pistol, do you still get the +1 for having 2 CCWs? Do those jumbo, mechanized, electrified weapons really count as CCWs?
    No, this is quote clear actually. In order to gain +1 Attack you would have to have 2 Power Klaws, or Power Fists, or Thunder Hammers, or Lightning Claws.

Ah, thanks. I thought that having two of the same meant you could reroll to wound but I guess that is just a special lightning claw rule?

Correct, that's only Lightning Claws.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast