BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

I'm going to have to go with the camp that states that you can choose which weapon to use.

If you have 2 of the same weapons, it states that "all attacks use the bonuses and penalties."
    -ie, must use
    For using a ccw and special weapons is says that attacks "benefit from the specials bonuses." (no use or penalties mentioned).

That makes it sound like if the rules aren't a benefit for you, you're not forced to use that weapon. Striking last is a penalty, so you could use the benefit of striking at init of the normal weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    For using a ccw and special weapons is says that attacks "benefit from the specials bonuses." (no use or penalties mentioned).

That makes it sound like if the rules aren't a benefit for you, you're not forced to use that weapon. Striking last is a penalty, so you could use the benefit of striking at init of the normal weapon.
    That text was changed in the errata so that attacks with a normal ccw and a special get all benefits and penalties from the special. I posted it above.

It's pretty clear to me the rules are stating that possessing a single special weapon means it _must_ be used in all close combat attacks. For good or ill... no choice.

Trust me, I'd prefer the ability to choose. Just can't justify it with the rules as written.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    Precisely, just like, say, a Bolter, it's not a CCW
    A bolter has a rifle butt, which according to the description on pg 42 falls under "Normal Close Combat Weapons". In fact, a bolter is a two-handed close combat weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by RealGenius View Post
    A bolter has a rifle butt, which according to the description on pg 42 falls under "Normal Close Combat Weapons". In fact, a bolter is a two-handed close combat weapon.
    wait... no.. bolters dont..they have a short lil stub at the end.. i mean, okay, TECHNICALLY you can take the whole bolter and use it like a hammer or something.. but why??
    and now most basic marines are equipped with a bolt pistol, which counts as a single CCW.

anyway, as everyone posted above, gotta use the special weapon. if you have two, THEN you can choose..
    Last edited by StrikerFox; 08-04-2009 at 05:59 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123