BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default What army am I playing? Roll a d3!

Some of my matchups are getting a bit stale since people round here like to take the same list. Generally we both know what is going to happen and rarely is there more than a few moments where the momentum of the game can be swung away from this.

With that in mind, I have come up with 3 1500's for some nice casual play that will hopefully spice things up a bit. Once my buddy has picked which list he wants to use, I will ask him to roll a d6 and the repercussions of the roll are as follows:

[1-2] : Duke 1500

Hq: 330pt

-Duke

-Haemoc (liquifier)

-Haemoc (liquifier)

-Haemoc (liquifier)

Troop: 972pt

-20 warrior (2 cannon)

-7 wyche (haywire, squad lead w/ agonizer)
    -raider (lance)

-raider (lance)

-raider (lance)

-5 warrior (blaster)
    -venom (2 cannon)

-5 warrior (blaster)
    -venom (2 cannon)

Fast: 196pt

-6 reaver (2 heat lance, 2 cluster caltrop)

[General tactics]: Duke and the fat warrior squad form a solid firing base that advances up the middle of the table. Haemocs ride with wyches up the flanks to push squads into the middle of the board for the warriors. Venom warriors provide mobile support for the warrior squad and help with armor that gets close. Reavers job is to mess with enemy backfield and hopefully disrupt some of the sit back and shoot tactics that we see these days.

[3-4] WWP 1500

Hq: 220pt

-Haemoc (WWP, venom blade)

-Haemoc (liquifier, venom blade)

-Haemoc (liquifier, venom blade)

Elite: 428pt

-4 incubi
    -venom (2 cannon)

-10 trueborn (4 blaster, 2 cannon, 3 shardcarbine, squad lead w/ blast pistol, agonizer, phantasm grenades)

Troop: 655pt

-20 warrior (2 cannon)

-10 warrior (blaster, cannon)

-10 wyche (haywires, 2 shardnet, squad lead w/ agonizer)

-10 wyche (haywires, 2 hydra gauntlet, squad lead w/ agonizer)

Fast: 196pt

-6 reaver (2 heat lance, 2 cluster caltrop)

[General tactics] : WWP haemoc deploys in venom with the incubi. These guys have a very specific job on the first turn which is to move to a nice forward position (preferably within 18" of multiple objectives) and pop out to drop the portal. The rest of the army is kept in reserve. Once things start arriving, the large warrior squad punishes anything that wandered too close, and proceeds to advance toward an objective that will keep them within 24" of the portal and out of charge range. These guys make pretty good portal guards as well. 10 warrior squad has the job of advancing through cover toward an enemy held objective (preferably one not held by cc troops). Shardnet wyches are responsible for tying down dangerous cc units so that the warrior squads do not get eaten up by twolfs and the like. Hydra wyches can do the previously mentioned job adequately, but work better when advancing with the 10 warrior squad toward an enemy held objective. Reavers are my scalpel and my disruption unit who use their speed to hit my opponent in places he thought were safe from the footsloggers. Again harrassing backfield tanks / heavy support infantry via heat lances and bladevines/caltrops. The incubi embark back into the venom with the haemoc if there still is a venom to embark in. From the second turn onwards, their job is to take out unsupported troops, or help the wyches finish something off. Last but perhaps the greatest is the unit of trueborn. Both liqui haemocs come out of the portal with these guys, starting them with fnp and furious charge. These are my attention grabber squad since anything unfortunate enough to get shot by them will go up in smoke. They are a very expensive squad, and as such they are equipped well to handle just about any threat in a 1500 pt game. Sticking to cover obviously improves their durability quite a bit, but sometimes it is better to drive these boys straight into the thick of it if I need to draw heat off of another squad. The key for them is never let them be the only threat since focused fire from certain guns can drop them pretty quick if it burns through their feel no pain. Bolters and the like don't pose too much of a threat thanks to some nifty wound shenanigans with the haemocs.

[5-6] Mech 1500

Hq: 100pt

-Haemoc

-Haemoc

Elite: 242pt

-3 trueborn (2 cannon)
    -venom (2 cannon)

-3 trueborn (2 cannon)
    -venom (2 cannon)

Troop: 843 pt

-7 wyche (haywires, squad lead w/ agonizer)
    -raider (lance)

-7 wyche (haywires, squad lead w/ agonizer)
    -raider (lance)

-10 warrior (blaster)
    -raider (lance)

-10 warrior (blaster)
    -raider (lance)

-10 warrior (blaster)
    -raider (lance)

Heavy: 315pt

-ravager (3 lance)

-ravager (3 lance)

-ravager (3 lance)

[General tactics] : This is my least favorite of the three since I am a bit tired of playing mech armies. Nonetheless, I am trying something a bit new with this army. I have forgone any upgrades to my paper planes, something that I have not done since the old book. Since I always talk about how good nightsheilds and flickerfields are, why not put it to the test and play without any of them to see if I can notice a significant difference in durability? So tactics with this kind of army are much simpler than the other two. Haemocs are essentially pain tokens for the wyches as well as a place to put wounds if they get shot at / exploded raider. With my mech armies I like to focus the entire army on one flank, boosting up there the first turn and then crushing it with focused shooting assaults. Not much more to say about that since it is bread and butter tactic for more de players.

So apart from cools lists bro, why did I post this? Well I wanted to know if you guys can come up with some more 1500's that have their own theme going for them since ideally I would like to have 6 distinct options for each dice face. here is a pretty basic rundown of the models I have that I could use for armies:

2 Archon
    3 Haemoc
    1 Succubus
    Dukish looking guy

40+ ish warriors with plenty of different equipment options.
    20-23 wyches (3 are old wyches, yuck!)
    6 reavers (old reavers fvck yeah!!)

6 raider
    3 ravager
    2 venom

wwp made from slurpee lid (#1)

Also comments, criticism, insight always welcome regarding the lists I mentioned. None of them are made for waac, but I do like to stay competative since a lot of the guys I play here will not hesitate to field 3 psyrifles, all the knowns purifiers in universe, longfangs up the ***, etc etc. Most of all I like to run fun armies that are well rounded.

Earlier I put a chessex container full of dice on my desk, mainly because I didn't know what to do with it.

and then I came across this topic. I opened up the container and took out a D6.

I rolled and then came up with..

A three.

So it looks like it's your WWP 1500 list.

Chaplain

I wanted to do something like this myself because my army list making process is long and I constantly second-guess my choices, especially with a new army (Dark Eldar List was a nightmare). Most my gaming group finds this amusing but I hate using the same list every game and like to spice thing up, the new sisters lists makes this hard which is on reason I choose a second army. I've got about 30 differnet sisters lists but can only use three of them now (rhino spam, sisters horde, and a mixed), I've used all three against my buds and they have all made a list to deal with my girls, they pretty much contain an obsine amount of high STR templates. Anyways I hope this works out for you and may copy this idea XD.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3