BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2000 pts Semi-mech Imperial Guard (Competitive list)

Been toying with how to get this to work, while I feel this is a good start, maybe things can be done better:

CCS w/ 2x Meltagun, Regimental Standard, Chimera 140
    CCS w/ 2x Meltagun, Regimental Standard, Chimera 140

Platoon (625)
    PCS w/ 3x Meltagun, Chimera 115
    Infantry Squad w/ Autocannon, Chimera 115
    SWS w/ 3x Meltagun 65
    SWS w/ 3x Meltagun 65
    HWS w/ 3x Autocannon 75
    HWS w/ 3x Autocannon 75

Platoon (625)
    PCS w/ 3x Meltagun, Chimera 115
    SWS w/ 3x Meltagun 65
    SWS w/ 3x Meltagun 65
    HWS w/ 3x Autocannon 75
    HWS w/ 3x Autocannon 75

Leman Russ Executioner w/ Plasma Sponsons 230
    Leman Russ Executioner w/ Plasma Sponsons 230
    Total: 1990

Some quick totals:
    8x Chimera
    6x Mobile scoring units
    6-8x Deployment zone scoring units
    22x Meltaguns
    16x Autocannons
    8-10x Plasma Cannons (depending on movement)

Description:
    What you have here is an army that can split in a few ways. The Chimeras can advance either all together or in groups of four. Alternatively, they can all sit back and contribute to the shooting if you simply outgun them (which is also benefitted by the Regimental Standards and addition of Bring it Down! orders). Other than that, you have the ability to bubble-wrap all or parts of your army. You have the ability to rove out forward with your scoring units as needed.

*Special note: Before anyone mentions it, I guess it was unclear in other forums, the SWS will be taking the Chimeras of the Infantry Squads, and the Infantry Squads will deploy on foot to be a buffer around my HWS units and the Russes.

Weaknesses:
    I'm still not sure if the limiting range can be an issue. The majority of the shooting is at the 36" range. Autocannons go out to 48" and the Meltaguns are 6-12" to get effective. I have very little ability to get out there and reach a unit at a distance as I like to with my Stormtroopers.

I'm not too keen on the 2nd Regimental Standard.

If you're just going to give the Chimeras to the SWS, then a couple of Commisars could be useful if you decide to combine squads.

Finally, I understand that HWS are cool at 75 points, but they die to a stiff breeze and really need orders to be effective. But if you like em', then I say go ahead.