BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Using Cadian Kasrkin models as a vetran squad with Carapace armour?

I would like to use Cadian Kasrkin models as a vetran squad with Carapace armour...

(as I have 2 squads but want to free up points to fit more models into my army lists )

They seem to fit the bill WYSIWYG-wise, except that maybe their guns are too storm-trooper-specific?

I was just wondering what the consensus on the internets would be...

Librarian

Go for it.
    As long as you told an opponent what they were ruleswise, most people wouldn't have a problem with it.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Chapter-Master

I prefer the old storm trooper models for the use of storm troopers.

I think the kasrkin models look great for veteran squads. Especially since the sgt is pretty much a perfect fit for the Sgt. Bastonne.

In fact, I use the Kasrkin sergeant as Bastonne. I just painted his uniform to match the scheme of the rest of my veteran squad. I also use Kasrkin's as Storm Troopers but painted their uniforms with the dazzle camouflage scheme shown in the old Imperial Guard codex (since that is when I started my IG). The difference makes it pretty clear who are the storm troopers and who are the veterans.

I wonder when they will release the Kasrkin in fail, erm I mean finecast?

Frankly, I wish there were a bit more options in the standard kit to make veterans (shotguns, carapace pieces, camocloaks, snaremines and the like). Hopefully the rumored IG mini-release will address some of this.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post

Frankly, I wish there were a bit more options in the standard kit to make veterans (shotguns, carapace pieces, camocloaks, snaremines and the like). Hopefully the rumored IG mini-release will address some of this.
    i was thinking they were going to do this but plastic makes so much more sense game wise. gun options in blisters are a thing of the metal ages. as for the veterans, would you be willing to pay 25 for 5 model and tons of bitz like us spacemarine players do? because if gw some how got the bright idea to make my special units in failcast i would ***** my way to timbuck two.
    the finecast makes more sense from a business perspective, but i have high hopes for gw and i believe in them as a company that cares about what the players want. i think ints only a matter of time before they jump off the finecast bankwagon and start making all normal units in plasti......
    oh wait.... necrons are being released in 2 weeks :facepalm:
    failcast army #2. wtf

as for the models being used as what you want. im using the storm trooper models as henchmen with hellguns (awesome). and its a good idea to cross fit units as it brings more variety to the game. and the kasrkin models are ****ing sweet so i understand not wanting to throw them on the shelf and buy a box of catachans. i hate those models 2.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post

Veteran/stormtrooper plastic kit should be out q1 next year in a mixed release month...likely Jan/feb.

Librarian

That's almost too bad, really. I don't mind seeing the stock Stormtroopers go the way of the dodo, but it'll be sad if this puts an end to the truly brilliant Kasrkin sculpts. With any luck, we'll see them transferred over to Finecast in a later wave.

As to the OP, it's fair game indeed, I'd say. The Kasrkin are an anomaly in GW's lines anymore, since they don't actually have any "official" rules attached to them, so you can kind of do what you like.

I don't recommend the Carapace Armor, but the Kasrkin models are sweet, so I say go for it.

Scout

that would be a good option if you don't mind shelling out £25 for a box of kasrkin. Have you maybe thought of greenstuffing some knee, thigh and elbow pads? Cheap, simple and it still looks good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast