BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kasrkin are awesome models but yea they are a bit expensive. I just used normal cadians with the forge world rebreathers and backpacks- not too expensive and look cool.

oooo a necro thread, this thing started before necrons were out. =D

On point, I us my Kasrkins as storm troopers. Mainly because I dont take Carapace armor. I just assume that they will die, and try to get their points worth before they do.

Scout

Default Vets

I just chopped off my Srg's las pistol last week and replaced it with a sm bolt pistol. Looks pretty good, but I don't think I'll be doing the same for the rest of the squad. Too much repainting for one thing. But all and all, it makes them more reasonable points wise.

Brother-Sergeant

I've always run the Karskins as my stormtroopers, but I think if you tell the guy across the table what you got I think they could work.
    "These aren't hotshots...no no no...they are extended ammo reserves for the extended missions!"

I think Kasrkin are the easiest way to represent veterans. They just look way more experienced and hightech as the normal Cadian's. A pity they are so expensive...

Brother-Sergeant

Go for it. I use 3 karsikin squads as veterans. Nobody cares. And for Bastonne I painted his squad gold and black and he has a calvary/cowboy hat from a deadlands fig.

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah as long as all your kasrkins are either stormies or vets, and you're not saying these ones are stormtroopers and these identical models are vets, I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it. And if they do? Basilisk round to the face.

I don't think it is an issue at all, you just always want to make sure your opponent is aware that they are Veterans and not Kasarkin when you play to avoid issues. I can't imagine anyone would be to seriously upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex4AJM3 View Post
    that would be a good option if you don't mind shelling out £25 for a box of kasrkin. Have you maybe thought of greenstuffing some knee, thigh and elbow pads? Cheap, simple and it still looks good.
    This would be an interesting conversion to see done, but if he already has some models, it's no real loss. I do agree that guard infantry prices are getting out of hand, especially seeing that a Leman Russ in NZ costs alnost $100!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12