BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who made the 'nids, What is there ultimate goal.

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Necrons: The C'tan known as the Outsider created them.

2 2.90%
  • Extra-Galactic: Some being created the ultimate bio-weapon and lost control.

18 26.09%
  • Old-One: A crazed Old-One created them to deprive the C'tan of souls.

11 15.94%
  • Other: The 'nids were created or evolbed naturally.

38 55.07%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Question 'Nids Origin Theory

Ok guys here is a poll that has been eating me for a while now, so I wanna here what you guys think?

Who made the nids? Who is the hivemind? What is their ultimate purpose?

Veteran-Sergeant

Even a lunatic would look stupid if he created the nids. Deffo natural
    No this world is theirs!

Librarian

I like the idea of a crazed Old One, personally.

Or the totally off-the-wall possibility that the Hive Mind is being controlled by the Star Child, in order to eventually destroy the Star Child's body, allowing the Emperor to become a fully-powered Warp Entity capable of destroying the Chaos Gods.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post

Or the totally off-the-wall possibility that the Hive Mind is being controlled by the Star Child, in order to eventually destroy the Star Child's body, allowing the Emperor to become a fully-powered Warp Entity capable of destroying the Chaos Gods.
    But if everybody dies in the process, nobody will be left to care if there are Chaos Gods around or not...

Veteran-Sergeant

hey what about this: what if the emperor made them (as insurance) as he was meant to die and is instead kept on his crystal throne, maybe he had the forethought to make the nids with their mission being to make sure he was dead? haha that would be kinda neat - the nids storyline could continue that they reach earth and cause the death of the emperor and then their forces fall back an they become slightly more like the eldar, roving round the galaxy but still a major force.

hah! that was my creative thinking for today done!

/k

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post

ive made that post a number of times in diffrent threads yey iam not the only crazy one

Brother-Sergeant

As a dedicated Tyranid player all the info I have gathered indicated that the Tyranids evolved in another galaxy and have sweeped through that galaxy and many others kinda like intersteller roaches. The seem to be a force of the universe, cleaning up the riff-raff and stopping other powerful creatures from growing to strong. They are a filter of sorts, the lower end of the genepool they kill eat and absorb the strong genes they proegate by getting ride of the weaker genes allowing the stronger ones to become more dominmate. It is as if they are the fungus in the forest. Without it nothing would decompose and nothing would get nutriates to grow again.

Now as it pretains to thier "leader"/director... evidence is sketchy but tends to lean toward the Hivemind being (in decending order of likely-hood)
    1) The fourth C'Tan: The Outsider
    2) A pool of thier combined thoughts (kinda like how ork psychic grow stronger when more orks are around)
    3) A yet unseen HUGE Tyranid organism
    4) Phil Kelly himself
    5) The Emperor
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post

Now as it pretains to thier "leader"/director... evidence is sketchy but tends to lean toward the Hivemind being (in decending order of likely-hood)
    1) The fourth C'Tan: The Outsider
    2) A pool of thier combined thoughts (kinda like how ork psychic grow stronger when more orks are around)
    3) A yet unseen HUGE Tyranid organism
    4) Phil Kelly himself
    5) The Emperor
    My vote goes to Phil Kelly

Librarian

lol, i for one am not really a fan of the whole gods and shizz, i mean, chaos gods i can bear, but all the c'tan and stuff, how old is a god, and how are some older than others...

Nids are like a swarm of Omnivorous locusts, they eat everything in their way. its like human kind now - but much much much much much faster. their ultimate goal, survival (albeit a very shortsighted goal - theres no planning for the future with these guys), which in turn means eat everything else.

the hive mind, is as it says, a hive mind, when a wasp stings, the others get riled up ad go stingy mental (its through pheromones etc). so maybe the sheer mass of nids working together, communicating through the warp and with vocal shrieks, makes them a communial hive mind. although you have to remember that its not just the little guys, the big ships themselves, cumulate a massive hivemind when theyre moving through space. and at the end of the day, its the big ships who get to eat all the sludge after the little ones finish their invasion, just think of them as the teeth, chewing up the food for the big ships, so reallyits the big ships who are the tyranids.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Question

I personally find it hard to simply believe they are from another galaxy and where not artificially created by someone. They were extremely poorly 'equipped' when they first arrived in the galaxy from what I heard/read, so that makes it sound like they haven't conquered a massive number of galaxies, maybe one in my opinion.

The Emperor? Really guys? Why, it just doesn't make sense, if he wanted to kill himself I'm sure he could find an easier way...he is the freaking Emperor after all.

The Outsider? I don't see the support for this one anywhere, ok so they avoided his Dyson Sphere by thousands of Light Years, that seems more to me like a psychic null zone to me. What other proof is there? He is insane? Umm, ok so are the other C'tan if you look at it from a human perspective. Plus the Warp is anthem to the the C'tan I don't see how it could use it, or even where it would get the resources for it.

A pool of their combined thoughts: As for the hiveminds identity, I'd have to probably agree with this one it makes a lot of sense, to me at least.

Phil Kelly himself: ...lol?

HUGE Tyranid: This would be kinda strange but I suppose it possible that the hivemind could be a starcraft/starship-troopers like brain-bug thing.

The biggest glaring question if they did evolve naturally is, 'What forced them to have to do so to survive?'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast