BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Sorry but I'm not letting that one go. My point was you have an incorrect understanding of the rules and are blind to it, so like arguing with a creationist, it is utterly pointless, but I was trying to be polite. Yet I'm actually not willing to let it go after that comments like that.
    I have explained the rules from which my position derives. I have shown how they prove my assertions. You have failed to offer any refutation of my arguments.

The IC rules clearly state that he must follow the rules on unit coherency. The rules on unit coherency clearly only apply to one unit, as I have demonstrated.
    This is irrelevant, as I've already demonstrated. The rules on unit coherency do talk about single units. So what?

The IC can be part of one unit and part of another, and be in coherency with both, evaluated a unit at a time.

Nothing about the wording of the coherency rules prevents a model from being part of two units simultaneously or being in coherency with two units simultaneously. There is no justification for that assertion at all.

If we are talking about what the 'rules really are' then show me a single reference that says coherency exists between units or one that says you can be part of two units at once. Show me one of those (and not this nonsense you keep trotting out about having followed the correct process for joining units or there is no rule saying coherency doesn;t exist between units), show me an actual rule which says this and I will be admit you are right. I won't admit that, because you cant provide one of those rules because they don't exist.
    Page 48:

"In order to join a unit, an independent character simply has to move so that he is within the 2" coherency distance of a friendly unit at the end of their movement phase."

This rule allows independent characters which are attached to units to join other units.

I presume this lays the matter to rest, as, in the absence of other rules which prohibit an IC from being attached to two units, this rule is sufficient to allow it.

I've actually said this before. If you'd read my post, you'd have known that the majority of the content of yours is incorrect.

If you're looking for a rule that says "an IC can be attached to two units at the same time," of course there isn't one. Of course, if this is a requirement, then no IC can join any unit.

After all, there is no rule that says that an IC can join a space marine unit--or a non-space marine unit, or a unit within 12" of an enemy unit, or a unit composed of more than two models, or a unit composed of less than two models, or a unit outside its deployment zone, or a unit more than 12" of an enemy unit.

In all of these cases--in any conceivable set of specific circumstances--ICs are only allowed to join units by way of the rules on page 48. There is no discussion of specific circumstances at all, except for specific circumstances which prevent an IC from joining a unit. Being attached to a unit is not one of those listed exceptions. Neither is being a Farseer. Or being a Warboss. Thus, Farseers, Warbosses, and ICs which are attached to units may join units by following the rules on page 48.

If your contention truly is that there must be a specific note stating that IC's are allowed to join units while already attached to units, consistency demands that you require a specific not stating that IC's in every other possible set of circumstances are allowed to join units. As the rules list no such sets of specifically permitted circumstances, consistency would demand that you believe that ICs are never allowed to join units.

Do you, or are you ready to admit that you're singling out this particular set of circumstances because of a baseless pre-conception.
    Last edited by Bean; 10-18-2011 at 03:21 PM.