BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Thought I'd add some of the latest figures from Reaper that have caught my eye:

Cleric of Calistria

Akar Nakhal, Pharoah Dragon

The Horned Hunter

Nakayama Hayato, Iconic Samurai

I particularly LOVE the Horned Hunter figure as that has to be the most badass Satyr I've seen.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

That satyr is nifty, not sure about the dragon though, think I would need to see pictures from different angles and perhaps some close ups.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think the main issue with the dragon and why it looks weird is the paint scheme. The colors they chose are horrible and don't go together at all. The wings also look like they caked the paint on with a butter knife.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

I like that hydra. I wonder how it compares in size to the GW hydra?

Brother-Captain

Okay Reaper have certainly got my interest with their latest innovation: Dark Heaven Bones. These are white plastic mini's which are ready to paint right out of the packet (no undercoating needed!) and they are dirt cheap too!

[URL="https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/bones"]https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/bones[/URL] is the link to the info page where you can see the range thus far (small but many more on the way apparently), and they have done a YouTube promo video too, which can be seen here:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AVo3hT7wuQ&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AVo3hT7wuQ&feature=player_embedded[/URL]

It will be interesting to see how this range fares. I know I'll be watching it, and likely grabbing a few of those figures at those prices.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-08-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

That Dragon is pretty nice, I'd daresay it would even fit as a TK's colossus...

Chaplain

I absolutely love Reaper. The first time I became aware of them was at shop in Kingsport Tn. A "Sophie" model. And perusing the shelf I discovered suitable female models I used to create my Inquisitor and her retinue for 40k when the Daemonhunters codex came out. But what the shop had in stock was a miniscule representation of Reaper's selection.

The last batch of models I got was from Reaper. Ordered directly from their site. After I had scoured their entire selection. And once again I ordered only female models to make my 40k dream team squad. I only ordered 11 models But hey, if you want more female models for 40k Reaper is your best bet. GW has what...4 different female models for the Imperial Guard? I also spotted plenty of other nice models both male and female that could easily be converted into 40k. Even some cool nuns which would look great in a SoBs army. Whenever I plan to make more converted models and units I'll be going to Reaper. Even bought another Sophie with that order. Exact same model as the previous but she's topless. And I always wanted to paint some hoohahs!
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Veteran-Sergeant

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6AVo3hT7wuQ"]New plastic "Bones" series![/URL] I like the looks of this new line.

I started painting about a year and a half ago with Reaper minis. They are generally very well detailed compared to other companies. My painting still isn't as good as I'd like, so apologies if it doesn't properly show how awesome they are.

My first forays into painting:

Mouslings. Freaking awesome. Get some. They're fun to paint, and the ladies love 'em.

I really like these orcs. Old work-in-progress pic.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

Veteran-Sergeant

I really like a number of their Dark Heaven line. With all of the djinn and the other Mid-East folklore models, I'd love to have an Empire army based on Sinbad or Ali Baba.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Brother-Captain

New release coming in May that I am definately getting:

Nadezhda the White, Ice Witch

Reckon she'd make for a great looking Kislevite sorceress.

Also these coming out too, not fantasy but pretty funny:

Alien Exotic Dancers!

The one on the left is a Grey, the one on the right is an Illyrian apparently (they have several others of this race as figures) and I'm guessing the one in the middle is from that green skinned race from Star Trek.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 03-16-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast