BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

The new Bones line looks like a good way to get cheap gobbos and skellies. I see they were already mentioned by a previous poster. I really want to see what their next release will be on that line. [url]http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones[/url]
    Last edited by Lord Tothe; 03-16-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

I like Reaper. I already have multiple elf figs from them in my Wood Elf Mordheim band - but this is probably my favorite new release: [URL="https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/elf/latest/60099"]the new Shalelu[/URL]. She is leaps and bound beyond the [URL="https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60042"]old sculpt[/URL].

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrnwyn View Post
    I like Reaper. I already have multiple elf figs from them in my Wood Elf Mordheim band - but this is probably my favorite new release: [URL="https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/elf/latest/60099"]the new Shalelu[/URL]. She is leaps and bound beyond the [URL="https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60042"]old sculpt[/URL].
    That new version does look a lot more serious and far less silly. I like.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

Brother-Captain

Thought I'd chuck in some pics of some of my favourites from their recent releases:

Anti-Paladin

Angelica Fairweather

Eregris Darkfathom, Evil Sea Priest

ReaperCon Sophie 2012

Also yes I have to agree with Dyrnwyn that the new version of Shalelu Andosana is a huge improvement on the previous sculpt and really does the character justice. I'm playing in a Jade Regent Pathfinder RPG campaign on Monday nights and she features quite strongly in that (and is a total badass in it).
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Hmm, these slipped my notice. Vey nice. I love this one.

Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

The bones minis are great and have been selling very well for us, but the limitation is that the only minis available are those that are available already in plastic as a part of the Asylum pre-painted line. Granted, these are also top sellers, there isn't much in the way of new stuff coming out from the Asylum line. They've put out two in the past 6 months, both of which were dinosaurs. If they are tied togehter, in that bones can only be made using ones that are already in plastic, then they need to get crack-alackin' on getting some new plastics done. (for those that don't know the Asylum line, it's a series of older sculpts that have been popular enough to warrant the expense of translation into molds for plastic, and then are pre-painted, as an alternative to metal minis for those players that don't like/want to paint their own minis).

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    Their entire line of P65 miniatures (65000 number series) are made from a lead based metal. They are heavier, bend easier and ...gasp... cheaper than "white metal" miniatures. They make this line for "adult" hobbists. Those people who know not to swallow their models and who want more bang for their buck...

And of course, they are known to the state of california to cause cancer.... just like McDonald's french fries.
    I lived in California for 4 years. You rapidly learn that everything you do causes cancer or birth defects or spontaneously causes ants to mutate into giant specimens which proceed to go on a rampage and build nests inside of LA's storm water drainage system.
    If this is the way mankind ends up, I'm rooting for the Orks.

Veteran-Sergeant

Really? giant ants in the drainage system hey? (pulls out his can of raid) imma goin huntin!

As for reaper, i love alot of their models, in particular their dragons. they do have a nice variety.

Chapter-Master

I actually think that many Reaper minis are far superior to GW's work. Reaper minis tend to have much more dynamic poses, even if the details aren't quite as fine. For example, let me introduce you to the man who will be portraying my next D&D character:

I mean, come on. Look at that. Badass.

Anyway, Reaper is also doing some downright revolutionary things. Check out their "bones" lines. Plastic-resin hybrids, ready to paint without priming, with all the strength of plastic, the weight of resin, and none of the brittleness, at $3.00 a pop. Put that in your finecast pipe and watch it melt when you try to smoke it.

Brother-Captain

Thought I'd post some pics of some new figures sculpted by the awesome Patrick Keith for the Pathfinder line. All the figures were painted by Reaper's in house painter Martin Jones:

Trinia Sabor

Knight of Ozem

Diabolist

And this one is for their Warlord line:

Bladesinger Sister

I really like the Diabolist figure and would be sorely tempted to use her as a sorceress in a Dark Elf army. Especially like the Imp sitting on her shoulder.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 06-28-2012 at 06:21 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast