BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Well aside from (obviously) being more dynamic in posing and having an actual option when it comes to weapons...

They seem a lot bulkier than the old metal models. The default weapon they have is actually huge in comparison to the old one.

The shoulders are actually a little smaller, now, but the rest of the body is bulked up considerably, and they have a sort of 'collar' that the old models don't have.

The heads are different, too. Lacking an icon on their forehead in favour of a cleaner skull with those nifty lines leading up from their eyes.

Edit: All of the above is, of course, regarding the new plastic Immortals in comparison to the old metal ones.
    Thanks for that rundown

They look a little large on their bases IMHO, I think they would have suited a move up to a larger base.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chaplain

New Warriors are not likely. A repackaged kit, with a new weapon frame and only 10 models, sure. Want proof? Look at the Ark (or whatever that transport is called). The Warriors standing in it look no different to the current Warriors.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Thanks for that rundown

They look a little large on their bases IMHO, I think they would have suited a move up to a larger base.
    Hmm, might have to pick up some bases when I get my hands on some new 'crons and see how that looks...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    New Warriors are not likely. A repackaged kit, with a new weapon frame and only 10 models, sure. Want proof? Look at the Ark (or whatever that transport is called). The Warriors standing in it look no different to the current Warriors.
    That's exactly what I was talking about.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the actual design of the warriors would change. If anything, all of these 'leaked' images affirm that the warrior design is a pretty definitive base for the standard Necron 'chassis'.

But most of the rumours suggest that Warrior squads will have weapon options (which makes sense, because there's only so much 10-20 bolters can do...though mind you they glance vehicles on 6's). If Warriors -do- get other weapon options, it would make sense that they get a re-packaging with some new sprue bitz...hell, I'd be happy to just replace the gauss flayers with the new ones over the old acryllic rods.

I'm just confused, personally, as to why a re-packaged warrior box doesn't appear to be included in this first wave. There's a rumour that they'll be in wave 2...but why not wave 1? They're the bog-standard troop choice, after all...

awesome looking stuff for the crons. looks like they received the same love and attention my beloved DE got 12 months ago.

wont be collecting them myself but with those models im sure cron armies will be appearing everywhere and soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    I'm just confused, personally, as to why a re-packaged warrior box doesn't appear to be included in this first wave. There's a rumour that they'll be in wave 2...but why not wave 1? They're the bog-standard troop choice, after all...
    Perhaps because it is "easier" to let people buy all of the last few production orders of current Warriors, squeeze a little more life out of the current metal dies, AND force bandwagon players to buy more Elites models to steal their Warrior weapons from. Then they can go about cutting new dies for a repackaged Warrior sprue.

Battle-Brother

Smile My take

For what it's worth (not much usually) I LOVE the new models! I think GW is going above and beyond their norm with the last two 40K army releases. I also think that GW modelers pulled from several points in history to make the conglomeration that is the Necrons. Maybe to show how all of those different societies mimicked the Necrons in some form or faction. There I gave my two cents worth.

Librarian

I'm not very up on rumours so maybe this is common knowledge already but I was just on the GW webpage and Destroyers and the Nightbringer are 'no longer available' (though the Deceiver and Heavy Destroyers are still there). Also, the Necron Codex has been pulled.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

I do think Dante is in league with the Necrons.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNPBF5cjZ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNPBF5cjZ0[/URL]

Couldn't help myself.

Librarian

Loving the models, the fluff, and the rumored rules.

Looks like this release will have been worth the wait, just like Dark Eldar was.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast