BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Leaked Necron picture

Courtesy of Lord Damocles on Warseer, I assume it (the model) is genuine:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Waahhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Librarian

If that's not a legit photo; then it is, hands down, one of the best conversions I've ever seen.

I hope all the 'Cron players are peeing their pants with joy right now.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

I agree, I merely mention the possibility as until GW send out an email or puts it up on the website everything is up in the air as far as I'm concerned.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Just got the email, and can't get on to BoW - looks like the site is getting a spike in traffic for some reason...

My first thought was that the two guys at the front were peddling to make it move like those boats you get on lakes.

Librarian

Huh. Back when the Dark Eldar were released, I wondered how they'd keep the Dark Eldar's bleeding-edge, reality-bending technology from stepping on the toes of the Necrons. Apparently, the answer is "we'll make the Necron's tech look dumber."

*head-desk*

I swear, it's like all the talent in the company is fleeing towards Fantasy so quickly, they've decided to put Mat Ward on design duty as well...

Brother-Sergeant

Finally after all the hearsay, rumour control, conjecture, gossip and radio silence. We finally have some validation <auuhhhhhhh> and breath. Thanks Eldargal!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    If that's not a legit photo; then it is, hands down, one of the best conversions I've ever seen.

I hope all the 'Cron players are peeing their pants with joy right now.
    I pee'd myself twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Huh. Back when the Dark Eldar were released, I wondered how they'd keep the Dark Eldar's bleeding-edge, reality-bending technology from stepping on the toes of the Necrons. Apparently, the answer is "we'll make the Necron's tech look dumber."

*head-desk*

I swear, it's like all the talent in the company is fleeing towards Fantasy so quickly, they've decided to put Mat Ward on design duty as well...
    Yea, I hope this isn't legit. I don't really like the way it looks. Maybe it grows on you...maybe it is charming in person...I don't know, but in that picture it doesn't blow my skirt up at all. It doesn't seem to make much sense.

I mean, it is supposed to be ancient and alien, but the design seems to be absurd. Maybe it is protected by some crazy force field or something.

Okay, so you are a Necron lord. You want a crazy pulpit to float around in so you can survey the battlefield in person while playing words with friends. You don't want to have to pilot it yourself, because that would defeat the purpose of being able to play your games, so you need a pilot. But you don't want him in your eye line because it might get in the way of you surveying the battlefield, and it could block your enemy's view of your impressive floating pulpit. But if you're going to be floating around the battlefield, you might at well stick a gun on the thing, right? So now you need a gunner. But that's okay because with the pilot off to the side, the thing was starting to look lopsided. You could give it some enclosed compartments, but that would detract from the whole pulpit concept, so you just stick the pilot/gunner on the front and slide some instrument panels in front of them. Done! Wait, but that means your dudes will have their feet dangling. It's not like your robotic undead servitors would care about that, but it would just look silly, so you put in a couple of little foot rests. Oh, and a curvy thing in the back to give it kind of a two plane aesthetic and to make you look more impressive. You also wouldn't want your undying robotic legions to be staring at your butt all day.
    Last edited by weeble1000; 10-14-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Librarian

There are more pics!!!

The Ghost Ark

And the Doomsday Ark, a variant of the upper ark

Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast