BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Brother-Captain

I want to talk about the Command Barge. I didn't bring this up initially because I didn't want to go off topic. Given the nonsense that has already come and gone ....

When I first saw it, it immediately reminded me of an old school Cylon Raider. Not so much in the shape, but rather in the configuration - one gunner, one pilot and one back seat driver. Anyone else get the vibe?

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

My apologies to Larry and the MODS for cross posting but it seems there are two threads that directly relate this this topic!

Lots of allegations and misinformation running around regarding our handling of the Necron LeaK, makes for interesting reading... however...

For those that are interested we’re running a LIVE show ( We call it Turn8 ) on Thursday Night 10pm BST (GMT+1) where we will be giving the inside story on this whole affair

We won’t be discussing our source but I’ll be happy to say who it wasn’t!

More info will be published here: [url]http://www.beastsofwar.com[/url]

You can contact us on the show with questions etc by tweeting @beastsofwar

Hope the MODS don't mind us posting this, but this will give us the chance to set the record straight and give anyone whose interested a glimpse into how these leaks come about and are managed.

Thanks Folks for making Friday Night so exciting!

Default Discussions

Guys, just wanted to say that we are reading all the posts etc with interest.

A few points that i would like to make just to clarify a few things..

First..

We are not the source in anyway whatsoever of any leak, I would go so far to say we actually have information later than the "internet" does. We cant really comment on other retailers not listing items yet, we had full staffing all weekend as we had a stock check so it allowed us to be very responsive.

Second.. BOW is not some front for us in anyway whatsoever, some of the remarks along this line are conspiracy internet nonsense (Man has landed on the moon btw). We have good relationships with a huge number of sites and individuals in the hobby both as a business and on a personal basis. We don't currently have any holdings in any other entities in gaming. Some of the posts are flattering in that we are seen as such a powerful entitiy, if only.

Third.. We have always and will always continue to act in an ethical and customer focussed manner. We have a great reputation for service and we do an awful lot to support the gaming communities around the world, we can't (not that a physical store is a workable solution in most locations) reach everyone with a physical store but we can offer support to the huge gaming communities around the world and we do and will continue to do so. The Finecast issue should tell you that we can and will make stands for communities even if the impacts have a detrimental business impact, and it certainly did.

I'm not going to post replies to every post, but wanted to make sure some of the silly rumours are dealt with.

Chapter-Master

Good of you two to set the record straight as it were

Never underestimate the internet's power in making up conspiracies...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Good of you two to set the record straight as it were

Never underestimate the internet's power in making up conspiracies...
    And in creating whiners EVERYWHERE!!!

Even in forums and blogs...

Internet sucks hahahaha
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Librarian

What I am really looking forward to are those new necron flyers, i really cannot wait to see how they look and the awesome styles they might be. Lets just hope its not another stormraven fiasco where they put out an ugly as sin flyer that looks like a bus with little tiny wings attached.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is not an authentic ancient egyptian picture.
    It looks like a guy from the cover of a romance novel!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    What I am really looking forward to are those new necron flyers, i really cannot wait to see how they look and the awesome styles they might be. Lets just hope its not another stormraven fiasco where they put out an ugly as sin flyer that looks like a bus with little tiny wings attached.
    It looks like that because it's a Space Marine vehicle.

See IG and DE fliers for comparison.

Say what you will about the Stormraven aesthetics (I love it, personally), but it looks like an Astartes vehicle if nothing else.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516