BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Is it just me, or is the tau symbol on the model on the left a sign of some bad fluff to come?
    I think you mean 'the Tau symbol on the left hip of the model on the right'.

Also, I would concur on the 'battle trophies' conclusion from Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Gosh, if they continue with this today...

How many leaks do they have??
    Why The Necron Rumors are Bad?

[URL="http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/10/rumors-new-necrons-why-this-is-bad-pics.html"]/rumors-new-necrons-why-this-is-bad-pics.html[/URL]
    Want even more? Checkout spikeybitsblog.com

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    So no new Pariahs? I'm speculating that C'Tans must be new forge world models then!
    Your not more shocked there are no shots of a warrior? They must be wave one with a resculpt (with no green rods) .No Scarbs yet which seems odd too , I wonder if they are pulling a Dark eldar and giving us a whole new range to make up for ignoring this army for so long?

As for the runes I have always felt GW would work the tau into a some sort of rebirth of the original nercon species (fast tech development , the fact the models had hoof feet for a while, the eldar having reseeded a world and introducing the eternal cast ,although thats from the xeno book which isnt really canon) as the eldar in essence fighting fire with fire.

Do we know if overlords, replace the lord option ? Or do we think/know that they are just one tier higher . I like the generic overlord on the left far better then the 2 named ones.

I can imagine c'tans being a forge world release, but I heard they might be an elite option, an diluted aspect as opposed to the actual c'tan itself.
    Last edited by Dru; 10-14-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: dont type form threads on your mobile phone , like i seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesher View Post
    Why The Necron Rumors are Bad?

[URL="http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/10/rumors-new-necrons-why-this-is-bad-pics.html"]/rumors-new-necrons-why-this-is-bad-pics.html[/URL]
    With all do respect to spikey bits I have to disagree with that article.
    These are leaked model photos , (if its oked by GW or not it doesnt matter) we never know the cost of an item until GW gives us the answer, we wont know the army slot for any model or the unit cost until the codex is out and about. They models will likely replace those that already exist , with the pariahs possibly becoming one of those 2 new units ( which look like quite like them) . Basically they build hype over some thing we knew was coming anyway. I dont personally think anyone who reads this sort of site and sees leaked photos , that are not going to be announced for another two weeks is really gonig to try and preorder them .

The fact we dont have a full in detail list of everything is fine, because they are not released yet.
    I like watching movie trailers, then when the movie comes out , going to see it , I want to hear that Ridley scott is doing an alien prequel , I want to see some early pre prediction work , I dont want to be handed a copy of the script and to know the ending right away, that all comes in time.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Your not more shocked there are no shots of a warrior? They must be wave one with a resculpt (with no green rods) .No Scarbs yet which seems odd too , I wonder if they are pulling a Dark eldar and giving us a whole new range to make up for ignoring this army for so long?
    Sure feels like it, given that there are...what, around 11 kits with this first wave, it seems? That's a revamp, not just a new codex.

I was wondering about the warriors, myself, with the lack of green rods on all these new guys. And if warriors are supposed to be able to get new guns, we need bitz for those, right?

But...why aren't they being included in the first wave (from what we can see so far)? Strikes me as really odd...

The current monolith also has green rods... Here's hoping!

Chapter-Master

I don't know what you haters are smoking - these models are gorgeous. Almost makes me want to start a necron army.

The sad thing is the old Necron codex only had 11 uints and that includes the 2 ctans . That support platforms weapon must be better then a tau railcannon

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I don't know what you haters are smoking - these models are gorgeous. Almost makes me want to start a necron army.
    This.

I'm excited for what this release means for my Necron army. Real excited.
    Saddened by the fact I'm still scrambling for work, and don't know when I can afford anything.

Librarian

They're pretty good. Except the Flayed Ones, I prefer the old ones.

Necron bandwagon leaving in three... two... one...
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast