BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Not a big fan of those Flayed One sculpts, either...I'm hoping they might look better in-person, like the Stormraven/Dreadknight did...fingers crossed.

Librarian

I still don't like either the Stormraven or the Dreadknight, lol.

Meph's Stormraven is what they all should look like IMO.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Brother-Captain

I think Meph's Stormraven looks really awful, personally.

Librarian

Not much middle ground to found between us on that then, LMAO...
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Veteran-Sergeant

does anyone else really not like the lord heads? i mean all of those models are badass, except the first one. but those heads make them look like freakin party poopers. gonna be a good upgrade to the current codex. i really look forward to seeing the new rules

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Not a big fan of those Flayed One sculpts, either...I'm hoping they might look better in-person, like the Stormraven/Dreadknight did...fingers crossed.
    I don't really care for the new flayed ones either. I liked the pose of the ones now. I think I'm going to get as many of the old ones as I can.

But damn I'm excited about NEW NECRONS!!! Those Deathmarks look really cool, I hope I can make an army around them.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chaplain

I'm digging the new minis with the exception of the new flayed ones. Good thing I have 2 squads of the old ones. One of the named Necron Lords was sort of meh as well. I can't wait until details and not rumors of the necron codex start coming out. Looks like Santa is going to be bringing me some undead robots this Christmas!

On a side note, I AM interested in how this C'tan issue will pan out. Forge World Apocalypse models, shards or aspects as elites, and the fate of the old C'tan minis. The next few weeks should be interesting.

[URL="http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/12/15/163734_sm-Blood%20Angels,%20Brofist,%20Fist%20Bump,%20Fistbu mp,%20Humor,%20Necrons.jpg"]http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/12/15/163734_sm-Blood%20Angels,%20Brofist,%20Fist%20Bump,%20Fistbu mp,%20Humor,%20Necrons.jpg[/URL]

GW = the blood angel

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    I'm speculating that C'Tans must be new forge world models then!
    The rumor for quite some time has been that the overlords would be replacing the C'Tan in the next new codex, with all the C'Tan becoming Apocalypse only. Of course, there's no way to know if this rumor is true, but if it were true, nobody should be expecting to see new C'Tan figures any time soon.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    The arks look pretty good, not as crazy about the pulpit thing.

Both of them feel like they took a step back with the pilots, though; anyone remember the [URL="http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2008/11/29/3019_md-2nd%20Edition,%20Destroyer,%20Necrons.jpg"]metal necron destroyers?[/URL]

Having robotic minions, then making them little robot chairs to sit in and drive things around with their hands just seems pretty goofy - the newer destroyer's centaur-esque method's a lot better looking.

Still, easy conversion to do - if I get the ark, I'm definitely lopping off his legs and leave him with gesturing arms (or maybe style him like an egyptian sarcophagus with mobile mask?)

The pilots really throw the pulpit one off for me, the controls/footrests are just too goofyyyyy. Maybe converting it to have a chariot look, with two tomb-stalker style bodies/ heads extending from the body of the pulpit, pulling it along through the air? /shrug

The Deathmarks look awesome (and damn, Beasts of War, go easy on those watermarks!)
    I'm not a huge fan of the feet underneath either, but having said that, I'd like to rebut your destroyer comment - those are Necron's who've lost whatever engrams of sanity they had and decide to mutilate themselves into becoming the perfect weapon of death. They're a bit like Empire Flagellants or the Opus Dei.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast