BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Lots of allegations and misinformation running around regarding our handling of the Necron Leak, makes for interesting reading... however...

For those that are interested we’re running a LIVE show ( We call it Turn8 ) on Thursday Night 10pm BST (GMT+1) where we will be giving the inside story on this whole affair

We won’t be discussing our source but I’ll be happy to say who it wasn’t!

More info will be published here: [url]http://www.beastsofwar.com[/url]

You can contact us on the show with questions etc by tweeting @beastsofwar

Hope the MODS don't mind us posting this, but this will give us the chance to set the record straight and give anyone whose interested a glimpse into how these leaks come about and are managed.

Thanks Folks for making Friday Night so exciting!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by beastsofwar View Post
    Lots of allegations and misinformation running around regarding our handling of the Necron Leak, makes for interesting reading... however...

For those that are interested we’re running a LIVE show ( We call it Turn8 ) on Thursday Night 10pm BST (GMT+1) where we will be giving the inside story on this whole affair

We won’t be discussing our source but I’ll be happy to say who it wasn’t!

More info will be published here: [url]http://www.beastsofwar.com[/url]

You can contact us on the show with questions etc by tweeting @beastsofwar

Hope the MODS don't mind us posting this, but this will give us the chance to set the record straight and give anyone whose interested a glimpse into how these leaks come about and are managed.

Thanks Folks for making Friday Night so exciting!
    Nice to see you here boys!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

I always find it really funny when someone pops up saying, 'Oh here goes the bandwagoners', like being excited about starting a new army with new products somehow makes those people inferior or somehow less valid a gamer/person!

Chapter-Master

I know right? Especially when it is quite possibly the easiest army to paint in all of 40k or WHFB.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

I'll probably start a 6th necron army...lets see, I have my void-dragon necrons, 2nd ed necrons, terracotta/chinese style necrons, mecha-cthulhu/wraith wing army and samurai style ones..not sure what to do for #6, tempted to do a female styled lord though.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

If you don't mind my asking - how would you 'feminize' a Necron lord? They're skeletons...the only way to tell sex by a skeleton is through analyzing things like the brow, ribcage, pelvis, etc.

They don't have any overt secondary sex characteristics that would show up on a 28mm model.

It's just that I've seen a couple of posts where people have had a similar idea now, and I can't help but think there's not really any way to show sex/gender on Necrons any more than there is on Tomb Kings - actually, wait, it's easier for TK, because they have that one model that looks female because she's still got her bandages/etc. holding her mummified flesh in place. 'Crons can't do that, though...they're robotic skeletons.

Librarian

Except that they are not actual skeletons.
    They are robots, made to resemble skeletal figures, to project the imagery of death.

It would be very easy to represent a feminine figure with a womans death mask, long artifical hair and a feminine shaped chest plate.

You could also try to slim the model (at least the top half), put the lower half of the body in a long dress/gown/robe that shows a single robotic leg.

Similar to the lower half of this model:
    Even if you cover up the image above the waist, it's still easily recognizable as female.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Brother-Captain

I guess my point is just that in doing that you'd lose the skeletal imagery, which is kind of the Necrons' thing. That's all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123