BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chapterhousestudios View Post
    I disagree.. Here are the GW Jetbike and Bike and ours. Having a back end, seat and side mounted thrusters is pretty much universal about all hover bike, jet bikes. It sounds like you are saying we are not allowed to implement those in our design because GW has done so before. That is a bit limiting..

I will also point out while ours has a control panel on his legs, you will notice it is not a copy, its actually different (for those who care about such minute detail).
    No offense. But when I saw these, it was this artwork I thought of from the 40k card game. Even down to the fact it has no wings.
    =P

[url]http://emperorschildren.net/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Raelichius.jpg[/url]

Get rid of the Emperor's children bling and it's almost the exact same thing.

The bikes look nice thow. I will give you that. A nice clean look that people can bling out them selves, well haveing that heavy SM feel. The scout engiens look terrible thow I have to say. The larger bulky ones look much better. But even then they look like they could of used a tad more detail.
    Last edited by Lockark; 10-18-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    No offense. But when I saw these, it was this artwork I thought of from the 40k card game. Even down to the fact it has no wings.
    =P

[url]http://emperorschildren.net/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Raelichius.jpg[/url]

Get rid of the Emperor's children bling and it's almost the exact same thing.

The bikes look nice thow. I will give you that. A nice clean look that people can bling out them selves, well haveing that heavy SM feel. The scout engiens look terrible thow I have to say. The larger bulky ones look much better. But even then they look like they could of used a tad more detail.
    I see many differences.. The sides of the motor, the eagles everywhere, the size of the guns, placement of the guns, position of the thrusters, size of the thrusters, position of the feet mounts, etc etc.. So its not as close as you would suggest. It is a jetbike.. its a constant idea in Sci-Fi and we can say that the Judge Dread Jet Bike is a copy of GWs, or vice versa as well.

Shas'o

I don't know if it needs wings but it doesn't look finished to me. It looks small, and the cow catcher just looks ugly.

Check out this guys jet bikes if you want to know how to do it properly. [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=17459[/url]
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chapter-Master

What is a cow catcher?

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

It is a tad low on detail, but honestly, that's fine for a model like this. It means I can add stuff from my own bits collection without making the bike overly blingy, and then it will match my army better.

Quote Originally Posted by chapterhousestudios View Post
    I see many differences.. The sides of the motor, the eagles everywhere, the size of the guns, placement of the guns, position of the thrusters, size of the thrusters, position of the feet mounts, etc etc.. So its not as close as you would suggest. It is a jetbike.. its a constant idea in Sci-Fi and we can say that the Judge Dread Jet Bike is a copy of GWs, or vice versa as well.
    (No offense. But it's not very nice to hotlink images from other people's websites. It eats up their bandwidth well not giving them traffic. That's why I posted it as a link originally.)

As for the bikes them self. That's all well and good sept yah know. Almost the exact same slit house.
    =|

The only major diffrence I see between the two is the front. Witch in all honestly looks like a cross between that artwork and the front of the jet bike for the Master of the Raven wing. Any Elements changed from that artwork barrow heavily from other GW SM bikes/jet bikes.

You can argue all you want about jet bikes being a constant. The inspiration for the jet bike dose look distinctively GW inspired. If you want to take that as a Compliment or a insult I don't realy care.

I suggest just appreciating the part of my post were I just distinctively complimented you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    Yah know. Positive and negative criticism and all that.
    Last edited by Lockark; 10-18-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chaplain

I don´t like it much. It lacks a lot of detail, too much plain surfaces. Looks kinda unfinished. So from me a - nope.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Chapter-Master

I happen to think the Open spaces are a specific design choice so you CAN add your own bits and bobs.

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the last few space army guy releases have contained loads of these spare bits....

www.queencityguard.com

I should have been clearer. This jet bike does not look like a clone of the master of raavenwing jet bike, it looks like the SM bike with jets instead of wheels.

The fuel tank, seat and rear fender area look like direct copies unless you do a detailed inspection of them.. The engine detail is different but at first glance looks like it could be GW.

I saw the extra detail on the leg, my opinion still stands.

I think you did a great job on this model. It's just that you have done such a great job, without making a direct copy of GW parts, that it appears to be a copy.

Thank you for the compliments. I am pretty critical when it comes to critiques suggesting we recast or otherwise "photocopied" GW parts for obvious reasons

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast