BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default Witch Hunter Codex

Is the Witch Hunter Codex still valid for play, minus the Sisters? The FAQ is still up on GW's site, but that doesn't mean much these days from what I gather.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Nope. The White Dwarf makes it clear that the Witch Hunters Codex is completely replaced by Sisters of Battle. There are no longer Daemonhunters or Witchhunters. Just Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle.

Librarian

As far as any place that would restrict codexes(codeci?) like tournaments; just ask the Organizer ahead of time to clarify that. It is clear that Codex: Grey Knights overrides Codex: Daemonhunters, so applying the same methodology, then it would seem that the SOB's book overrides the WH's book.

For friendly pick up games, just ask your opponent if he would like to play against that codex. In my experience i've had some pretty fun games using 3rd ed. mission's and 5th ed. rules.

Chapter-Master

If you like henchmen, use the Grey Knight codex. You have a much wider variety of good henchmen loadouts, at the small cost of taking Coteaz. And you don't need Grey Knights either, if you really like henchmen that much.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Scout

It isn't so much about Henchmen, as it is about the Easy of incorporating my Adeptus Arbites into a list easily. C: Witch Hunters had them built in, and to my knowledge no other Codex does to the same degree.

Sure I could use C: Imperial Guard, but then I'd have to be a bit too meta for my tastes, and run a bunch of Vets with Shotguns, and it just wouldn't have the same feel as offered by C: Witch Hunters.

Appreciate the comments all, thanks.