BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wulfmojo View Post
    I would like to think that it's Arthor Amhrad, the Chapter Master of the Astral Knights, who all died destroying the Necron World Engine. That story always inspired me and I would like to think that at least one of them made it out alive, even as a prisoner.
    This. I think this is the most interesting and entertaining possibility. I like to think he saw some horrific experiments deep in the bowels of the World engine that explain his contorted face.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I'm somewhat suprised that Rogal Dorn wasn't mentioned. The Imperial Fists recovered "what remained of Rogal Dorn. His engraved skeletal hand continues to be maintained in stasis", but there's no mention of a body. If everyone else in the attack is killed, then looted by Chaos, before they're routed by Imperial forces, it's hardly suprising that the body is presumed destroyed. Surely if the body had been recovered it'd have been mentioned/buried in a shrine? If the Fists most holy relic is a severed hand, then that's what they've got... So IF the figure is a Primarch, it could be Dorn... It never mentions whether he has both hands...
    Losing a hand and being trapped in stasis in the middle of a desperate battle would make me scream...

Yeah im not completely sold that its a primarch. if there's one thing the galaxy is not short on its big dudes in power armor

I was reading over my Deathwatch RPG books the other day and in the book titled Achilus Assault they have a chapter devote to the Warmaster that began the crusade into the Jericho Reach. His name was (obviously) Lord General Achilus.

What's interesting is that the picture of him shows him as a large man wearing...very barogue power armor. He also dissapeared under mysterious circumstances during a supposedly routine trip.

Finally there's this stargate like device that serves as a macguffin to link one side of the galaxy to another that could very well be a necron artifact. There is also a growing necron presence in the jericho reach that may or may not be the reason for the deathwatch's continue stewardship of the region despite it being cut off from the Imperium for a couple of millenia.

So perhaps this collectible figure in the Necron's hands is as simple as a vague reference the authors included because they happen to like FFG's Space Marine RPG a lot.

Or maybe it's just the last living Thunder Warrior.

I doubt that's it's Achilus. Trazyn collects very rare specimen and a primarch or a chapter master is much rarer than a lord general. I'm gonna cast my lot with the primarch lot. I doubt it's dorn because dorn's remains were found. This leaves Corax, Khan, and Russ. Two of these primarchs headed towards the eye of terror and Khan was headed towards the webway. Seeing as the necron kinda have some control over the webway, i'm throwing my support behind Khan being the giant in statis.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910