BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Because not every GW range has skulls in it, and I don't approve of cretinous halfwits changing my quotes based on their own stupidity. Find the skulls on Eldar, Wood Elves, Bretonnians, Hifh Elves, Dwarves, Tau etc and I will conccede the point it is a GW thing rather than a specific army thing.
    The only problem is that there isn't much of that scenery available, so people moan about them constantly releasing Chaos & Empire/Imperium stuff that has skulls all over it.
    Of course, those people should either a) be grateful that GW makes them nice terrain to play with or b) not buy it and make their own exactly how they want it to look. Either way, moaning about skulls is pointless and annoying.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Problem: I don't like Skulls.
    Solution: Don't buy GW Terrain.

There are PLENTY of other options out there. Go ahead and buy Mantic's terrain kit, or Privateer's Terrain kit, or Infinity's terrain kit if you don't like the GW ones. Oh, wait? What? They don't make any? Well shyte on that idea.

But seriously, if you don't like the GW ones, go buy some of the Gale Force 9 pre-painted stuff. It's quite nice, pre-painted (because I"m sure many of you complaining are playing with plenty of grey plastic anyway), and generic enough to suit pretty much any game. I'll even give you a link:

[url]www.gf9.com[/url]

Nancy whiners.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Skulls are part of the ethos of the world. If the game was set in "Candyland" would you complain that all the buildings had candycanes builts into them?

Skulls are a relatable part of the grim dark that relates to both 40k and Fantasy. A reminder of the humanity of the situation and the futility of an age in constant war

OT of the terrain I rather like it. Might have to get one, and 40kify another piece of scenery
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

This is an exciting new trend - GW using concept art form its video-game licenses to make new physical products.

Another picture, looks like the 'manse' part may be a bit more substantial than it looked:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Rear view:

It does seem more substantial than the front view would indicate.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I love the pint of milk on the doorstep. Pure class.

I can imagine the milkman chatting over the garden fence with the wizard....

Think i'l get one, and 40k ify it. It'd make a good observatory, or even a orbital laser position. Maybe want to see one in person first
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

That picture has to give the best view yet of just how substantial it it. I'm very impressed. I also like the idea that the Warhammer world has milkmen wandering around amid all the death and carnage.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Wow, the new image shows another 30% of the model! Im so getting this. Sadly i have many woods, hills, watchtowers, chapels, fences, graveyards, and wizard towers to paint. So whats one more rocky craigged observatory to add to the mix? Maybe if i paint my wichfate tor top level gold i could wear it to my local shop as a crown! Victory guaranteed.

Agreed, such a nice little touch which shows GW really haven't lost their sense of humour. I want to buy it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    That picture has to give the best view yet of just how substantial it it. I'm very impressed. I also like the idea that the Warhammer world has milkmen wandering around amid all the death and carnage.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast