BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Adeptus Custodes

His home must be mostly stairs. Rather cramped I'd imagine, especially if Mrs Astromancer has friends over.
    More Necromunda please.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Can we please not have the usual whine about skulls, it is tedious enough on Warseer without having it here too. It is a GW product, so it will have skulls. End of story.

fixed that for you

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Oo very nice, I still think I would whack the skulls off if I do pick this up though.
    If you like skulls, it's the perfect thing to whack off to.

Oh, wait, I misread your post.
    My blog - http://fightthegreytide.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by End of the World View Post
    fixed that for you
    Wow. You are so very clever and so very cool. You wake up every morning asking yourself, "How can I be both clever AND cool today," don't you?

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

The skulls on this product are entirely out of place and cheapens the aesthetics of the tower overall.

4/10
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Really unimpressed by this. The tower itself looks decent, but the rocks & observatory are a bit of a let down.

Too much Signmar, not enough fantasy... I don't mind skulls all over the place, but I can't understand why anything to do with Empire is automatically Signmar/Morr themed - there's a whole pantheon worshipped in the Empire, would be nice to at least have some optional extra's to represent them. Would also make it easier to convert the building to fit another faction.
    Last edited by Grovel; 10-23-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
    I can't understand why anything to do with Empire is automatically Signmar/Morr themed - there's a whole pantheon worshipped in the Empire, would be nice to at least have some optional extra's to represent them. Would also make it easier to convert the building to fit another faction.
    I think we're lucky to have this terrain available at all. It would be nice if it had some additional options, even going so far as to have options that would make it look Bretonnian and not just Empire. But back in the day GW made the Siege castle, and that was the only non-cardboard terrain they were producing. As someone who doesn't even have the time to assemble and paint my models to the level I want, I am glad this terrain is as straightforward as it is. I would rather they put any additional time into producing more kits that worked for a variety of armies as opposed to making more options for these. It's also nice to keep it as a single theme so that you can put them all on a board and have a themed table. For a while they were cranking out these vacuum-formed foam terrain pieces, one for each army. If you tossed them all on a table, it was like a schizophrenic landscape, with an Orc Village, Cemetary, Dwarf Stronghold, and ruined Chaos temple.

What an utterly moronic post.

Quote Originally Posted by End of the World View Post
    fixed that for you

I'd like fewer skulls and less Empire terrain myself, but the fact is the Empire is one of the iconic WFB races and their terrain has skulls on it. You don't have to like it but whining about it (as opposed to reasoned criticism like Grovel and BuFFos posts) every time an Empire terrain piece is released just gets irritating.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The point stands that GW products have an excess of skulls.

GW had a "make and take" event at the last Games Day and I walked away with something cobbled together from whatever sprues I could fight for.

Oh, I've got skulls.

I'd venture fifty or more skulls featured on a sixteen inch tall crumbled structure.

Why accuse a stranger of "whining"? If they want to state the obvious then that's their prerogative. Did anyone complain when you kitgasmed originally?

We can all be cool, right? As cool as people talking about the aesthetic of a plastic wizard's tower can be.

Because not every GW range has skulls in it, and I don't approve of cretinous halfwits changing my quotes based on their own stupidity. Find the skulls on Eldar, Wood Elves, Bretonnians, Hifh Elves, Dwarves, Tau etc and I will conccede the point it is a GW thing rather than a specific army thing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast