BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Oh. The boxes at the local store are 16+scarabs for $35. They probably haven't sold a kit in ages, though, so that might be old. I thought the current box was still 16.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    ...16?

The boxes I've gotten have always only contained 10 Warriors and some Scarabs...
    i thought twas twelve
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Morgan wins!

12 is the correct number in a box. why 12? who knows. a unit of 10 - 20 and you can buy 12 or 24?

although, buy 5 boxes and you get 6 10 man or robot units

Brother-Captain

Right. Damn. It is 12.

Goes to show how long it's been since I bought a unit for that army... :P

Veteran-Sergeant

imo, that looks like a finecast. the arm positioning looks way to dramatic for it to be plastic.

Brother-Captain

It will probably be finecast because it's an HQ/part of an HQ unit.

As for the posing though...I dunno. I've gotten some crazy posing out of the modern plastic kits.

Veteran-Sergeant

I actually like the Cryptek reminds of that creepy ting from pan labyrinth with the eyes on its hands

Look ma, we have a Voodoo Shaman Warlock Psycher dude TOO! Pass....

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    From Warseer:

Flayed ones are Finecast. I would assume the first wave will be split in two as with DE and two more plastic kits will be come later alongside some more Finecast. Pre-orders should go up on the 30th.

Picture of a Cryptek or whatever they are called:

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MuGGzy View Post
    Look ma, we have a Voodoo Shaman Warlock Psycher dude TOO! Pass....
    I'm curious - what do you find so objectionable about the model? Crypteks aren't really bringing any fluff or aesthetic to the army that Lords hadn't already...

I think for anyone who intends on trying or playing 'Crons that passing on Crypteks/Lords is going to be a mistake, if the rumours are to be believed. They're going to be the only way to attach Res. Orbs to most units and will probably be a good way to get a hidden CC weapon in there (whether or not that turns out to be worthwhile remains to be seen).

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    I'm curious - what do you find so objectionable about the model? Crypteks aren't really bringing any fluff or aesthetic to the army that Lords hadn't already...

I think for anyone who intends on trying or playing 'Crons that passing on Crypteks/Lords is going to be a mistake, if the rumours are to be believed. They're going to be the only way to attach Res. Orbs to most units and will probably be a good way to get a hidden CC weapon in there (whether or not that turns out to be worthwhile remains to be seen).
    Agreed. They sound like the Necron version of Wolf Guard. I'm sure builds will quickly feature one in every key squad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast