BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

Played two battles tonight: one against Eldar and the other against Grey Knights. The Eldar player had a Fire Prism, Wave Serpent with Fire Dragons, Howling Banshees, Dire Avengers and a Guardian squad with a Warlock and Farseer. Not much terrain was used and we were on opposite corners playing Capture and Control. Long story short my shooting was intense, but his Doom and Guide with the Guardian squad really hurt my Grey Hunters from the Drop Pod into tying them up but not able to kill them (ended up being killed). Also, though the Grey Hunter squad with the Rune Priest worked out some what well they were kind of stuck not really able to go anywhere.

Really dug the Rune Priest and his psychic powers. The second battle against Grey Knights was really simple. Open terrain and all he had was two squads of 5 Grey Knight terminators and a squad of Purifiers with special characters. Small army on his part but against it I found my army has nothing against Terminator armor. The armies in the area are mainly Marines (Blood Angels, Ultramarines), 3 Grey Knight players, Eldar and Tau. Seems like armor and those new Storm Claws (think that's their names), and pyschiers are big here.

Looking back over my list on what I can add and/or take out. Thinking I need to do something about my Grey Hunter squad that is on foot....

Battle-Brother

Made an updated 1500 pt. list now seeing as most people at the store I found out play ATLEAST 1500 pts. Bought a Land Raider Redeemer and included my Wolf Priest leading some Blood Claws and changed a few load outs here and their. Came out 16 pts. short, but could use some advice.

HQ
    Rune Priest
    Living Lightning/Jaws of the World Wolf/Wolf Tooth Necklace
    110 pts.

Wolf Priest
    Wolf tail talisman
    105 pts.

Elites
    Wolf Guard Pack (3)
    Wolf Guard: Power Fist (Grey Hunters Pack 1)
    Wolf Guard: Power Fist (Grey Hunters Pack 2)
    Wolf Guard: Frost Blade/Melta bombs (Blood Claws Pack)
    119 pts.

Wolf Scouts (5)
    Wolf Scout: Meltagun
    85 pts.

Troop
    Grey Hunters Pack (10)
    Grey Hunter: Wolf Standard
    Grey Hunter: Plasma Gun
    Grey Hunter: Mark of the Wulfen
    185 pts.

Grey Hunters Pack (9)
    Grey Hunter: Wolf Standard
    Grey Hunter: Meltagun
    Grey Hunter: Mark of the Wulfen
    165 pts.
    {Drop Pod}
    35 pts.
    200 pts.

Grey Hunters Pack (6)
    90 pts.
    {Razorback}
    40 pts.
    140 pts.

Blood Claws Pack (10)
    150 pts.

Heavy Support
    Long Fangs Pack (5)
    Squad Leader
    Long Fang: Missile Launcher
    Long Fang: Missile Launcher
    Long Fang: Plasma Cannon
    Long Fang: Lascannon
    140 pts.

Land Raider Redeemer
    Multi-Melta
    250 pts.

Total 1484 pts.

Feeling like the 10 man, foot Grey Hunters will hold the main line with cover while the Grey Hunters in the Razorback support where needed the Drop Podding Grey Hunters and Blood Claws who push. Still not crazy about the 10 man Grey Hunters being on foot though and debating if I want to buy them a Rhino but kind of don't want to. Plus, don't know about the Wolf Scouts. I really like their idea but they feel really sacrificial and I really want a drop podding Dreadnought.

The Rune Priest worked out pretty damn good too buy the way. Going to have to work with him still and get use to him but so far no real complaints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12