BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant
    "He who sees his own doom can better avoid it's path. He who sees doom in others can deliver it

Default Starting Out with WFRP? Advise please

My friends and I are looking to strart playing third edition Warhammer fantasy roleplay. I am going to buy theCore box set as it seems like an awesome place to start. But what expansions should I buy to supplement this and in what order should I buy them?

Chapter-Master

You should really only buy the starter until you know you like it. It is certainly a differenty sort of RPG.

www.queencityguard.com

For the same amount of money (Boxed set, supplements), I'd just get on ebay and buy all the 1st edition stuff. Incomparably better, and actually feels like an RPG -- 3e's a board game.

For me, it's personal taste. I prefer a syphillitic Karl Franz that has no idea what's going to on Karl Franz on a Gryphon, wearing gold armor.

Invest in the 2nd Edition, its better and now on PoD at DriveThruRPG.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ordo Septenarius View Post
    For the same amount of money (Boxed set, supplements), I'd just get on ebay and buy all the 1st edition stuff. Incomparably better, and actually feels like an RPG -- 3e's a board game.

For me, it's personal taste. I prefer a syphillitic Karl Franz that has no idea what's going to on Karl Franz on a Gryphon, wearing gold armor.
    Agree whith you on 3rd. But having played both 1st and 2nd, 2nd is a better tighter game and it requires less to play properly. Also the 2nd ed lines up with the current background and that is why most people play the game.

Also many of the core books are on PoD....

Also woot 100th post...

Get ready for a lot of character deaths
    Don't get flustered
    Use enemies correct for the group's level.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't know which edition I have. I bought the book at my local used book store, it's published by Black Industries, copyright 2005. Haven't found a game group yet, since the one at my FLGS dissolved at some point between when I thought about joining and when I actually acquired the books.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."