BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Am I wrong for using Space Marines?

I've been playing Warhammer 40k for a few weeks now and generally having fun with it. But there have been a few players who berated for daring to use Space Marines. I usually brush it off as them being mad that I beat them or their buddy but it's starting to get to me. I chose to use Space Marines because the seem to do decent damage and were the most aesthetically pleasing to me. I don't know. Maybe you guys and girls can help me.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Zalmon; 10-21-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Chapter-Master

Don't pay attention to them. They're just being twits.

Bah, sore losers. ::grin:: Welcome to the game, hoss!

Thank you.

Brother-Captain

"What do you expect us to use man, harsh language?"

I am the only person in my game group that doesn't use space marines. The entire game is marketed around space marines. Whoever is giving you grief is just being ridiculous.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

No, absolutely not. Nothing wrong with marines. I would encourage Marine players to do sample other (preferably Xenos) armies simply for variety but criticising someone based on their army choice is just idiotic.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Anyone who tells you not to use an Army you want, ignore them, play whatever army suits your fancy, and darn the consequences. If they don't like it they can sod off.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

First-Captain

What the rest of these good souls have said.

Marines are the easiest army to learn to play the game with, there's a reason they're marketed so heavily.

Ultimately--play what you want to play. People who are going to rage on you for playing a specific army probably have deeper issues that need addressing anyways.

Iron Father

What's so great about Marines is there's so much variation. Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templars and the Vanilla (standard codex). Oh and the uber Grey Knights.

It does not matter if the majority of your gaming group plays marines as lists will vary greatly still. Also so many chapters to choose from. Myself I play Dark Angels (Death wing), Blood Angels, Iron Hands and now thinking of a Minotaurs army. So many choices both on the table and creativity too.

But once you have been in the hobby for awhile you will try other armies too, with 15 armies to choose from and huge variation in each codex your bound to look at doing a xenos army too at some point .

Welcome to the hobby and good luck smashing your opponents.

FOR THR EMPEROR.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    FOR THE EMPRAH.
    fixed that for you -giggles-
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast