BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

dont bother with them its your army and the main point is that you like your army both astheticly and for its ability to smash heads in lol welcome to 40k mate

Librarian

My dear Inquistor Zalmon; what you have run into is a specific type of Stop Having Fun Guy ([url]http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopHavingFunGuys[/url]).

They have been around as long as I've played 40K (so about 22 years), and their motivations tend to be a backlash against the fact that Marines are so very popular. They will complain about everything - the design, the 3+ armour save (dear sweet mercy, will we ever hear the end of the complaints about that?), the fact that Ultramarines are Mary Sues, the fact that blah blah blah blah.

Nothing these people say has any value. NOTHING. Because 40K is a game, and it's supposed to be fun. Anyone having a go at you over the army you like is basically being a bully. I would suggest just avoiding them forever, if you can. Find a new gaming group if necessary.

These people are spiteful idiots taking things far too seriously, and not to be listened to.

If you enjoy something, and they're complaining about it, it's probably just sods law that you came across some particularly verbal 40k hipster who thinks that everything should be different.

Ignore the jokes, or respond in kind. In any case, there's nothing you can do but try and play it off as (not so) witty banter and play the game. Or destroy them and say they suck for it.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Brother-Sergeant

Just tell them to stop playing you if they are tired of losing, believe me they will be doing you a favor. If they truly believed in their own and armies abilities then they would welcome the challange of a good game. They aren't in it for the fun.
    If only the Event Horizon had Gellar Fields........

Battle-Brother
    Far,far west Texas. That's right, the little pointy part.

Everything prior to this post.

As well as:

Nothing wrong with playing marines. I believe everyone should own and play a marine force at some piont. If nothing else it helps you find thier flaws and weaknesses so you may better undrstand how to beat them. These poor sods who "have never and will never play marines" are only limiting themselves gamewise, and hobbywise as well.
    "Oh, I wouldn't worry about it, all bleeding stops eventually."

Thanks guys. :3 You guys made me very happy.

Librarian

Nothing wrong at all. Next them ask if they would like some cheese with their whine.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Brother-Sergeant

Play what you want! Just because they can't beat you does mean anything, but they can't build a good list or they are not that good. If you don't like your army then you would not pay hundreds of dollars building it. If these guys are your friends then they need to step back and realize games are for fun! That is why I love playing where I play because the guys there will help you get better even if they lose a few. It just drives them to build a better list or look at their tactics. PLUS we have fun! So rock on with your Space Marines!
    Record 2012 8-8-3 Blood Angels:
    "If you get close to Mephiston he will give you Death by Roo Roo!"

Librarian

Your definately not wrong for playing what you want.
    It's just unfortunate that you happen to have liked an army that does get a lot of hate.

People will say its a noob army. It can be both powerful and forgiving, and thus can have a lower learning curve (unlike an army that can require a lot of skill, like Tau or Eldar).
    People will also hate that it's a 'poster boy' army, or gets updated more frequently then theirs.

But those are their problems, not yours.
    You picked an army that will be fun for you in a hobby, so go for it.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Veteran-Sergeant

well you see my friend, whats wrong is that you think they have validity in what they are saying.

just remember; [URL="http://crihs.tumblr.com/post/5396091803"]http://crihs.tumblr.com/post/5396091803[/URL]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast