BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default An original idea?

I was having a chat with the guys i play 40k with and we were trying to think of an idea thats completely different and new for my necron army ( as they are still unpainted ). One of the guys said that theres no such thing now as an "original " idea. Now i have faith in peoples imagination specialy us 40k players, and that made me wonder has anyone had or seen any really original ideas?

Librarian

I was thinking of making them look like emerald green stone, black with darker to lighter green marbling, then accented with gold, and then do the weapons in my own colours
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Brother-Captain

When I came onto this thread there was a Battlestar Galactica advert above the post. This amuses me.

Battle-Brother

Well, when I get my Orkses, 'nids, and IG done, Necrons are next on my list - my plan is to make the rustiest, dirtiest, most ancient looking Necrons out there.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    I was having a chat with the guys i play 40k with and we were trying to think of an idea thats completely different and new for my necron army ( as they are still unpainted ). One of the guys said that theres no such thing now as an "original " idea. Now i have faith in peoples imagination specialy us 40k players, and that made me wonder has anyone had or seen any really original ideas?
    Technically, your friend is right.

All ideas are derived from our experiences - it's virtually impossible to come up with something no one has done before, especially when you consider how long as a species/civilization we've been around.

That's not to say that you can't create things that aren't original or unique, however, by combining things you've seen before in now and/or exciting ways. It's very possible to create something interesting without it being derivative. You don't have to do something groundbreaking to be 'original' - anyone who haggles you otherwise is being kind of a douche. :P

What exactly are you hoping to achieve that's completely 'different'?

Veteran-Sergeant

i was mainly trying to see if i could think of a twist to the necrons that fits in with the fluff but is unique ( plus i wanna show my mate that you can come up with something different be it small idea or full blown story lol )

Brother-Sergeant

You could make a bodyguard for the silent king painting them all gold in referance to the fact that he is the Necron Emperor and has his own version of the Custodes. Bling them up.
    If only the Event Horizon had Gellar Fields........

Quality > Originality. Do something well and it doesn't matter if it has been done before
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Quality > Originality. Do something well and it doesn't matter if it has been done before
    that very true i have seen plenty of armies that dont have an "original" idea but are stil amazing for example i was given an eversor assassin and hes the punisher from marvel he looks awesomel

Brother-Sergeant

2 words. Wooden Necrons.

Bam, you're welcome.
    Why is it the bad guys are always more interesting?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast