BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default thinking of getting a Necron Pylon...is it worth it?

Hello all.

I've been on the fence re: getting a Necron Pylon. I'm just about to get into Apocalypse, and I realize that Necrons are getting new units and Codex, plus the rumors of living metal changing a bit....

I currently have about 3000 pts of Necrons...two Lords and mainly Warrirors...3 Monoliths, destroyers, and two Tomb stalkers

So, before I fork over the 130-ish Canadian....just would like to know your thoughts???

Thanks,
    G

It might be worth waiting a bit to look at the new 'dex/models, especially since the transparent green bits are being phased out - probably worth waiting to see if they make any changes to the monolith's big green crystal (same crystal as the pylon's).

Scratch build one.... That is probably the easiest Apoc thinga majiger to scratch build.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    Scratch build one.... That is probably the easiest Apoc thinga majiger to scratch build.
    Step 1: Buy a Globe.
    Step 2: Toss out all the parts which do not look like a Necron Pylon.
    Step 3: Prime/Paint.
    Step 4: Buy ALL the new Necrons on November 5th with all the money you saved!!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery.Shadow View Post
    Step 4: Buy ALL the new Necrons on November 5th with all the money you saved!!
    While sage advice, the last point of your 4-step plan leaves a little to be desired.

$130 CAD will only get you like...3 plastic kits.

Librarian

What Shadow said.

Or, since you've probably got enough of the rest of the range, go for it, if you are fine spending the money.

And you are vaguely familiar working with GW resin, as it is slightly more involving than plastic.

The rules change for LIving metal, while significant, won't matter in the long run. By that, I mean the rest of your army, where applicable, will be affected just the same as this one model. You'll deal with it in time.
    Last edited by Dalleron; 10-22-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Iron Father

I got one and i love it
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I've got a few of them and they are the most feared unit in our clubs apocalyse games - as a bonus it is one of the only AA platforms in the entire Apoc line not dedicated to the Imperium.

Note: If the new Codex nerfs the living metal rule, the survivability of the pylon will be compromised.

Last edited by Maelstorm; 10-23-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Veteran-Sergeant

i would have to agree with the scratch building one plus would save those precious pennies