BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

I tend to play against Marines/CSM a lot so my lists tend to reflect that common opponent. I realized that this list would be hideous against hordes and assault elements so I dropped a squad of WG and a squad of PF's and added some Spiders and scorpions. Token elements for sure but I think that with the otherwise lack of mobility in the list, I needed a harassment unit and at least SOME kind of counter attack squad. (Again, points are overcosted in AB datafiles thus the nature of the 2030 pts total)

2000 Pts - Eldar Roster - 2k Wraithseer list

Total Roster Cost: 2030

HQ: Wraithseer (IA) (1#, 235 pts)
    . . 1 Wraithseer (IA), 235 pts = (base cost 185) + D-cannon 50

HQ: Farseer (1#, 185 pts)
    . . 1 Farseer, 185 pts = (base cost 55 + Runes of Warding 15 + Spirit Stones 20) + Doom 25 + Fortune 30 + Guide 20 + Mind War 20

Troops: Wraithguard (11#, 396 pts)
    . . 10 Wraithguard, 350 pts = 10 * 35
    . . . . 1 Spiritseer (Warlock), 46 pts = (base cost 25 + Conceal 15 + Spiritseer Upgrade 6)

Heavy Support: Wraithlord (1#, 140 pts)
    . . 1 Wraithlord, 140 pts = (base cost 90 + Wraithsword 10) + Bright Lance 40

Heavy Support: Warp Hunter (IA) (1#, 180 pts)
    . . 1 Warp Hunter (IA), 180 pts = (base cost 125 + Holo-Field 35 + Spirit Stones 10) + Shuriken Cannon 10

Heavy Support: Warp Hunter (IA) (1#, 180 pts)
    . . 1 Warp Hunter (IA), 180 pts = (base cost 125 + Holo-Field 35 + Spirit Stones 10) + Shuriken Cannon 10

Troops: Pathfinders (Rangers) (5#, 120 pts)
    . . 5 Pathfinders (Rangers), 120 pts = 5 * 24 (base cost 19 + Pathfinders 5)

Troops: Pathfinders (Rangers) (5#, 120 pts)
    . . 5 Pathfinders (Rangers), 120 pts = 5 * 24 (base cost 19 + Pathfinders 5)

Fast Attack: Warp Spiders (10#, 262 pts)
    . . 9 Warp Spiders, 198 pts = 9 * 22
    . . . . 1 Warp Spider Exarch, 64 pts = (base cost 34 + Withdraw 15 + Powerblades 10 + Death Spinner x2 5)

Elite: Striking Scorpions (10#, 212 pts)
    . . 9 Striking Scorpions, 144 pts = 9 * 16
    . . . . 1 Striking Scorpion Exarch, 68 pts = (base cost 28 + Shadowstrike 20 + Stalker 5 + Scorpion Claw 15)

Validation Report:
    b-2. Apocalypse Allies: Trusted Allies only; Codex: Eldar Codex 2006; c-1. File Version: 1.34 For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Apocalypse, Imperial Armour, Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission
    Total points exceed maximum allowed roster size (max 2000).

Composition Report:
    Formation: 0 (0 - 0)
    Other Units: 10 (- - 0)
    Legendary Units: 0 (- - 0)

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at [url]http://www.wolflair.com[/url]

Chaplain

I think the adjustment to include spiders & scorpions was a good one. Otherwise your options were rather static.

I usually include a wave serpent myself to boost across the board with whatever is in the army.

in my reference to last Friday, we gamed 1000 which for me included
    HQ Autarch mandis, scorpion sword & fusion gun
    Waithlord with Sword & scatter,
    wave serpent with missiles,
    guardian squad of 14 with scatter,
    path finders,
    storm guardians 11 + 2 fusion guns & warlock with enhance
    5 Banshees & exarch with executioner & acrobatic
    5 dragons & exarch with firepike

I took banshees over scorpions because of the preponderance of grey knights. It meant the 3+ save for scorpions did not carry the same weight as a guaranteed first hit with banshees. And acrobatic meant I usually also fought as if I had assaulted. The girls did well carving up GK and BA jump troops.

Didn't quite get the storm raven off my objective though. In the second gane it was a 3 way with the Sanguinus character proving to be over powered. 3+ invulnerable made life difficult.

I may hit him with the Banshees next time.

Chapter-Master

Played a game against Blood Angels yesterday with the "diversified" list above.

The wraithseer did admirably, weathering a charge from Gabriel Seth, a Librarian, sanguinary priest and assault marines only to eliminate them to a man after 4 rounds. He then fleeted a wraithlord who charged into close combat with the contemptor and ended it in glorious fashion.

However the real stars of the game were the warp hunters. I swear that if these things are legal in regular games of 40k, there's no reason to take a fireprism ever again.

Sure they aren't as good as FP's against most armor, but the fact that you don't need to have the template hole touching the vehicle to get the full effectiveness of the "blast" plus the fact that its a defensive weapon which also allows you to fire the shuricannon....

But the anti infantry aspect of it is simply stunning.

I made a whole squad of sanguinary guard disappear off the table in one shot. Likewise with a squad of DC.

(FWIW the Imperial Fists variant of the contemptor is pretty evil, 12 assault cannon shots a round followed by two cyclone missile shots. Youch)

Chapter-Master

Played a game last night with the list against a Draigo wing, Paladin heavy list.

Again the warp hunters really shined brightly... almost too brightly to be honest. I'm beginning to think that they're a bit on the broken side. I keep telling myself that they are more expensive than prisms but to be honest, that doesn't matter much when you watch one of them reap havoc on a paladin squad. Between two of them a round, I was able to effectively eliminate all of his paladins in two rounds of shooting per squad.

The wraithseer was simply a mobile D-cannon platform this game as I wasn't stupid enough to get him into close combat with GK's - especially draigo.

Chapter-Master

I've decided that after a year I'm retiring my DE to the shelf for a little bit, and go back to Craftworld + Tau for a bit

So a wrote myself a 1750 list around the Wraithseer just to see how it would go

Wraithseer D Cannon
    Farseer, Warding, Fortune + Guide

9 Pathfinder
    10 Wraithguard, Warlock, Enhance
    10 DA in Serpent, Lances

Warp Hunter
    Warp Hunter

2 Hornet, 2 Scatter Lasers
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

I think you'll find that the Warp hunters are really OP'd.

I know that I've decided to shelve them in normal games of 40k. If I were playing my BA, I wouldn't feel as bad playing them in normal games since that kind of implement of destruction doesn't really feel out of place in a SM list, but the tool is rather blunt and rather powerful for an Eldar list. (Perhaps I've been brainwashed into thinking Eldar shouldn't have such big guns) I think a way to balance them is to remove the barrage rule. Denying cover saves against most of your targets at AP2 wounding on 2's is ... simply stunning.

I feel very guilty using the warp hunters.

The wraithseer on the other hand is very reasonable.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 11-15-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12