BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Actually I thought those three words were very necroney, tau are all for the greater good, whatever that may entail. Control, order, and blind obedience was more of a necron thing, even in the old fluff
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Librarian

Very nice teaser vid...........TWO MONTHS TOO LATE!!!
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Shas'o

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    Actually I thought those three words were very necroney, tau are all for the greater good, whatever that may entail. Control, order, and blind obedience was more of a necron thing, even in the old fluff
    Yeah, what she said. Unity and Peace threw the destruction of anything else is more Tau.

Maybe in the new codex we will get some story about how the necrons and tau team up.
    Last edited by JxKxR; 10-24-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Ugh.

We've already seen photos of all the models.

And we've seen the rules, and know them at this point to be pretty accurate, most likely barring only a few details here and there...the only thing we don't know much about is wargear and upgrade options.

This teaser, coming at this point in time, is so boring and pointless...
    I wish GW would pull their head out of their ***, understand the internet exists, and build hype properly.
    You don't 'leak' everything and -then- make a crappy 20-second teaser. *facepalm*
    You can't simply assume that because you or I spend time on BoLS or similar sites then everyone who plays 40k does. I was back into the game for many, many months before I ventured on here and only three of the twelve regulars in my gaming group read BoLS/Warseer et al at all.

As for whether this 'new' strategy of GW's works or not, only time will tell. I personally don't care one way or the other and it hasn't impacted my spending at all.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Rose Widow View Post
    Exactly, If I understand the tau codex correctly, the tau empire prefer to absorb other cultures though commerce and negotiation. Anyone who joins the Tau empire appears to have something to gain for themselves and in turn contribute to the "greater good" only when necessary are the fire caste called in to start shooting. As a long term Tau player and having read the FW book, if I had to be in a 40k army then the Tau Empire would be where I would want to be.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Kesher View Post
    Well I just got all the information on the new Necrons from Games Workshop (such as pricing and units available), and it's pretty sweet.

I posted a bunch of what I could say on my blog
    [URL="http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/10/news-new-necrons-confirmed-gw-teaser.html"]http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/10/news-new-necrons-confirmed-gw-teaser.html[/URL]
    DUDE!

You are totally using unsound comer ial tactics to steal potential sales from you competitors. Don't be that guy.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Mind View Post
    You can't simply assume that because you or I spend time on BoLS or similar sites then everyone who plays 40k does. I was back into the game for many, many months before I ventured on here and only three of the twelve regulars in my gaming group read BoLS/Warseer et al at all.

As for whether this 'new' strategy of GW's works or not, only time will tell. I personally don't care one way or the other and it hasn't impacted my spending at all.
    Of course not. I'm not assuming that.

But why have your first 'official' teaser come well after the internet rumour-mongering part of the community is WELL AWARE of what the army looks like and, by and large, what its rules will be like?

Why not have the teaser come earlier, and have the stuff we've already seen coming now?

It just makes more sense.

All this does is make GW appear to have an even greater disconnect with a large part of their player base/reality/the internet.

Iron Father

As far as the teaser goes, I liked it. Ok we have seen the models and the rumours about the rules may well be true, but still GW are going to release Necrons their way. Maybe they have something hidden up their sleaves. Either way I can wait a bit longer and am really excited.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Why not? They think it helps their sales, that if people don't know what is coming more than a week or two ahead they will be more likely to make purchases rather than save their money. Imagine if you knew for a fact that after Necrons there would be Tau then Eldar. You have an interest in Necrons or Tau but you are primarily an Eldar player. Would you spend as much on Necrons or Tau than you would if you had no idea about Eldar? Now, imagine three weeks ago you were thinking of buying some Ogres or Dark Eldar or something, and you heard Necrons were coming. Would you still buy those kits? GW believes it is better you buy those not knowing what is around the corner and then you will hopefully buy more when they announce something new. Whether or not it works as they hope is an open question, but it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Of course not. I'm not assuming that.

But why have your first 'official' teaser come well after the internet rumour-mongering part of the community is WELL AWARE of what the army looks like and, by and large, what its rules will be like?

Why not have the teaser come earlier, and have the stuff we've already seen coming now?

It just makes more sense.

All this does is make GW appear to have an even greater disconnect with a large part of their player base/reality/the internet.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

cuts both ways though.

Im interestead in VC's but without know whats going to be valid in a few months time if anything then I'm not going to touch the army with a 10 foot pole.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast