BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Yes that paint scheme is verry nice i certainly hope there is a how to guide in WD.

can anyone take a stab at what colours they used to get the lapis lazuli*

*unfortunately i am profoundly colourblind so i cannot visually match up colours/shades at all
    Here is a closer look at one of the variations of the lapis lazuli color that seems similar.

It looks like they added a bit of green or perhaps lightly washed it with Thraka Green maybe. Or perhaps, they just stippled it, which also seems likely (look at the panels of the Monolith).

Librarian

unfortunately that just looks blue to me i am really going to have to use the paint guide i cannot even work out the base colour.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Battle-Brother

If you are wondering about GW's secrecy policy, you might find a part of the answer if you read the legal article posted by BoLS some time ago:

[url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2011/10/rumors-gws-releases-delayed-by-lawsuit.html[/url]

The short of it, if I understood correctly, is that copyrights in a book, Codex, press release or announcment don't translate into copyright protection for miniatures. Thus, the worst case scenario here would be something like>

1. Leak about GW doing.. say.. a Necron Ghost Arc, out a few months before the actual release.

2. Shady company 07 quickly putting a cheap, quickly-put-together "Ghost-Arc-Miniature" to their website for sale.

3. Shady company 07 (successfully) suing GW for copyright infringement because they had a "Ghost-Arc-Miniature" out first (and references towards the Ghost Arc in printed material, as opposed to actually a miniature for sale, don't count).

4. And/or GW forced to pull/not release the actual Ghost Arc to avoid lawsuit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234