BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 40k doubles : DE + IG

So my girlfriend and i are entering a doubles tournament at the end of nov , its 750 per player just wondered what you guys thought of our 2 lists

Dark Eldar
    haemonculus - 50
    4 wracks - 40
    -raider - 60
    5wyches: haywire grenades - 60
    venom: splinter cannon - 65
    5wyches: haywire grenades - 60
    ravager: flicker field dark lance - 115
    ravager: flickerfield dark lance - 115
    ravager: flicker field disintegrator cannon- 115 total: 745 might swap out the grenades for 2 more wracks
    or go x2 hydra gauntlets

Imperial guard
    Company command squad:x2 melta powerfist Officer of the fleet and astropath 145
    - chimera x2 hvy flamers 55
    10 stormtroopers: flamer grenade launcher 175
    10 vets: x3 melta 100
    platoon command squad:x4 flame r50
    squad:flamer55
    Squad:flamer55
    valkyrie: lascannon 115 total: 750 she like her flamers ? shes limited to what she owns and this the best list we could come up with

Librarian

I wuold advise swapping the Wyches for Warriors in the DE list, otherwise looks pretty good. Wyches are great at these low point games, but you still need 7-10 to really see them do their job well. And with three Ravagers and a Valk, you are going to want lots of poisoned shooting to kill all the enemy troops spilling out of those enemy transports.

Oh, just spotted that last Ravager. Don't bother. Three DL ravagers is a scenario that your opponent simply won't have an answer to. Two DL ravagers can be carved out a bit more easily. Disintegrators are nice, but they don't hold a candle to the Lances except in Apocalypse or Planetstrike where you can ignore the loss of a heavy selection. If your opponent fields a squad of terminators, the Ravagers can concentrate fire and be just as effective.

For your girlfriend, I would advise letting the Company command put their meltas in the Valk where they can rapidly advance and deploy where they are most needed (if at all) and putting the Platoon Command in the Chimera, where 4 flamers coming out of the hatch is a wicked combo. Multiple flamers out of vehicles is one of the nastiest tricks that 5th edition allows, now that they don't need to be aimed differently. Pile them all up on the biggest cluster of enemies and watch the carnage!
    Last edited by thecactusman17; 10-25-2011 at 02:51 AM.

cheers for the feedback was temted to swap out wyches for warriors only idea for them was just to tie up stuff in melee dreadnoughts hate wyches :-P so ill swap the wyches out for warriors + blaster i think.
    the reason for the dis cannon was a just incase i come against alot of bodies but will go with all ravs with DLs

So i have tweaked the dark eldar list it now looks like this :

Dark Eldar
    haemonculus - 50
    7 kabalites - 63
    -raider: flicker field - 70
    5 kabalites - 45
    5 kabalites - 45
    ravager: flicker field dark lance - 115
    ravager: flickerfield dark lance - 115
    ravager: flicker field dark lance- 115
    total 748

this should add alot more small arms fire the the two armies and deal with any monsters that we may face.
    im tempted to get my Girl friend drop either the master of the fleet or astropath for the missile pods for the valkyrie or are they not worth it ?

Librarian

I would advise looking for useful combos between your special rules. Typically, doubles games at most places count your teammate as being neither friendly nor enemy, a neutral party if you will. This means that often, abilities from one army won't affect the other. But sometimes they do, and sometimes you can find tricky combos that work on your opponent without directly affecting your own units. Dark Eldar and Blood Angels have a few anti-leadership hijinks, for example.

thank you thecactusman17 for your advice :-) in the past ove only used my dark eldar with other dark eldar so this should be interesting, i have a doubles game lined up for tonight vz double grey knights which so ive been told will be draigo and crowe list so that should be fun but does mean i can see what works and what doesnt,
    sadly the list ive posted i actually need to buy the venoms :-( normal i use the webway <3 it so much but again this game tonight will show me how the two armies work side by side.

Librarian

I will warn you up front: gks are by far dark eldars worst matchup. Dont feel to devastated if they crush the eldar half of the army, especially as you have no nightshields.

well the game went really well lost by 2 kill points :-( should have been by 1 but i fluffed my dice to hit draigo , as i knew paladins are hard due to wound allocations -.- but all in all the two lists worked well together in total we killed crowe 5 purifiers 5 interceptors dreadnought to raider 7 wyches archon and scourges and a beast master unit and a valkyriei did throw 3 points away, going to be tweaking both lists a lil more so the gaurd can be more offensive rather than defensive