BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

I like this book. But i am vexed by the editing, particularly with regard to the units that can be used in 40K. Some of them have their FOC slot details underneath the actual picture of the unit. Some have them in the rules boxout. Some don't appear to have where they fit at all!

I can see some things which may add new dynamic - particularly the Lucius drop pod (Bjorn in a pod anyone?) and also the Caestus ram with its 10 terminators and moving 36". Also the Land Raider Monolith - I mean Achilles.

Not sure if these things are broken for 40K vanilla but would require hard work by an opponent.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    Can't Gargoyles attack flyers?
    Flyers cannot be assaulted in any way. Flyers have other defenses like only be able to be hit by ranged weapons 6's with AA mounts and a reduction in range of all non AA mounted weapons by 12". They also have a cover save of 4+ against all non AA guns.

Really looking forward to the Dominus Bombard

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
    Flyers cannot be assaulted in any way. Flyers have other defenses like only be able to be hit by ranged weapons 6's with AA mounts and a reduction in range of all non AA mounted weapons by 12". They also have a cover save of 4+ against all non AA guns.
    Not true.

Baharroth's Swooping hawk formation can attack fliers with their haywire grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Not true.

Baharroth's Swooping hawk formation can attack fliers with their haywire grenades.
    OK barring something wackly like a very special formation rule it is. I guess I missed that little tidbit though I wouldn't really call it an assault.

Librarian

Just ordered my copy yesterday and it shipped today! btw ordering FW books from GW.com (at least in the US) is cheaper and much much faster than from forgeworld.

Librarian

Arggg, the book is sitting at the Post Office and won't be delivered till tomorrow...oh, the agony!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12