BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Incorrect calculations and faulty reasoning? On the INTERNET? Say it isn't so...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Depends, really. If they're all up to the standard of the DA boxed set's [URL="http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/armyboxes/abDACompanyMaster.htm"]exclusive Master[/URL]? Absolutely. If they look anything like [URL="http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/armyboxes/abChaosMarine.htm"]this guy[/URL]...well, I ended up with one somehow, and honestly can't even give him away...
    Sold! I have a friend who plays Tzeentchian Chaos Marines who would *love* that (if you're serious about getting rid of it).

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nosmo75 View Post
    Sold! I have a friend who plays Tzeentchian Chaos Marines who would *love* that (if you're serious about getting rid of it).
    Sold, indeed. Look to your mailbox, yo.

Freakin' sweet! When the Christmas boxes came around in 2009 I got two of the Ork ones and one of the Orc ones. Beautiful.

Also is it just me or is the Space Marine Megaforce a sight better of a deal this time around? The 2009 Space Marine Megaforce contained a Predator, a Rhino, a Dreadnought, two ten-man Tactical Squads, a five-man Assault Squad and a five-man Scout Squad. In today's money, buying these separately would set you back £161.5...

Now, you get a Drop Pod, a Crusader, a Venerable Dreadnought, a Land Speeder Storm - that's four vehicles, people! That's £100 by itself! - a Captain, a Command Squad, two ten-man Tactical Squads and a five-man Scout Squad. £204 worth of models! I have to assume this will be £150 or more, rather than the £120 you'd expect £100 to have inflated to by now (since the Battleforce's £50 has inflated to £60). If not, it's an absolute steal!

What are the US prices?

The US prices are unknown at present. I'm guessing 220-230USD based on other GW conversions (two fortress of redemption = £123/198USD, army boxes are £130GBP so add 5% for £129/220USD) but they aren't always constant.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Not sure if I just missed it on the pics but is there an 'on sale' date for these boxes yet?
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

As they are in this months WD I would imagine they will go up for pre-order on the 5th or 12th of the month, to give time for Necrons to get plenty of attention. The 19th is also a possibility but that seems like leaving it a little late but who knows.

In short, we don't know, but it will be a saturday this month.

Edit: Apparently the release date is Dec 3 with pre-orders up on the 26th of November, which seems ridiculously late to me.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-31-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Funny thing is I'm starting a Codex: Space Marines army in two weeks and I look at this box and go "Oh, I need that, and that, and that...and I don't need that and that and that..." :\

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    If they started tossing box-exclusive minis in these boxes again, they'd sell so many more of them.
    I agree with this, it gives people a bigger reason to get their hands on it. I hope it makes it's appearance because I am looking at kicking off the Dark Eldar army.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast