BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default 1800 Chaos for tourny

Okay, so i´m kind of tired of beating the crap out of everyone with my orks and my Gk, and also sick of facing of against the 3 same armies everyone seems to like to take to tournies aka SW, GK and blood angels.
    So i got out my old chaos stuff and came up with a list i liked but could also compete and withought having to spend to much, so here goes.
    P.S its 1800 cause thats the points we play at my club.

HQ:
    Kharn the betrayer - 165
    Demon prince - wings, mark of slanesh, lash - 155

Elites:
    8 chaos terminatores - mark of nurgle, 3 combi-melta, reaper canon, 2paladins with dual claw - 360

Troops:
    10 khornflakes - paladin, power weapon fusion bombs - rhino extra armour - 300
    9 khornflakes - paladin power weapon - rhino extra armour - 269 (kharn goes in here)
    5 plague marines - 2 fusions - rhino - 170

Heavy:
    2 Oblits - 150
    Predator - autocanon, H. bolter soponsons - 100
    vindicator - bolter - 130

So, maybe it´s a bit of a weird list but i think i can make it efective XD but i`d like to know what you think of it, and feedback, fell free to tear it appart XD
    P.S: termis are a personall preference i field them to have fun cause i love the squad so i don´t think i will take em out since i´ve made them very versatile, still if you don´t like them, do tell me, and problems you find in them ^^

Veteran-Sergeant

Maybe its just my aversion to most things Khorne, but I would swap the Zerkers out for some 1k Sons. Doubly so if you face GK, SW and BA a lot.
    The 1k Sons are much less potent in CC than the Zerkers but those AP3 bolter shots will cut down those very CC oriented armies significantly before they get to CC range. Not to mention that they are also better against Eldar Aspect Warriors, Tau Fire Warriors and Elite Suits, IG Vets. The AP3 really makes these bolters extra killy. The only downside, if it can be called that, is the requirement of the Aspiring Sorcerer and his power being quite costly, but dropping Kharn would get you more than enough points to pay for the two required sorcerers with Doom Bolt.
    Then again, that just may be my bias towards all things Tzeentch.