BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Adeptus Custodes

Default WAAAAARD! aka New Necron fluff.

Having had a look over the new necron fluff it seems to have been heavily "Warded".

In particular one character Trazyn the infinite Is going to cause some fanboy problems I predict. His collection of special items includes what is heavily implied to be a primarch as well as the preserved head of Sebastian Thor. I actually am more annoyed about the Head of Thor, this guy is a MASSIVE imperial hero, who to all intents and purposes ran the imperium at one stage. There is no way the imperium would let that go, and why would a necron want it? I could maybe see the attraction to a necron in having a being of great power like a Primarch under their control, but why would they want an imperial relic?I predict Trazyn will be the Necron Draigo when it comes to Fluff.

Thoughts?
    More Necromunda please.

Trazyn's kinda a hoarder. He likes collecting weird stuff. It's not "The Necrons" wanting the head, it's Trazyn, the individual, wanting the head. The Lords have personalities (well, they've had those before the 5th ed. 'dex too), and often times, eccentricities. Turns out spending millennia in a robot body can make you a little bit crazy!

Anyways, chances are the Imperium has no idea who took the head, where it's hidden, or even if it's gone. He could've just teleported in some scarabs to nab it for him. I don't think he'll be much of a Draigo (heck, even the Stormlord's fluff, while heavy handed, makes much mention of the guy's weakness as well as his strength). Ward isn't a universal constant, he can improve.

Librarian

A 5th Edition Codex - written by Mat Ward, no less - has terrible background?

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Ward isn't a universal constant, he can improve.
    Kinda says it all, don't it? Ward's writing isn't judged on quality, but on how much worse it could have been.
    Last edited by Lexington; 10-29-2011 at 12:04 AM.

They have to start hinting about primarchs here and there now if they want to bring them back in 6th or 7th edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Kinda says it all, don't it? Ward's writing isn't judged on quality, but on how much worse it could have been.
    So true :')
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Librarian

Ward is the best Codex writer simply because of how much he pisses off hardcore nerds.

This is probably true heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Ward is the best Codex writer simply because of how much he pisses off hardcore nerds.
    I've not read the codex yet so I can't make a judgement, but who says the relics are genuine? It wouldn't be the first time a collector had fakes in his collection.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

This is gold.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Librarian

Matt Ward is the king of trolls, he trolls an entire fandom mwahhhahahahahahah
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Iron Father

What I have read in this months WD, I really like the fluff *ducks for cover*. The narrative style of the battle report and the short stories that go with it are great.
    What I like so far is that the Crons have added flavour now, their fluff was once vanilla ice cream and now its Häagen-Dazs Bailys ice cream.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast