BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

I must say, having just read the Necron codex, I'm very impressed with it. The fluff is suitably impressive for the most technologically advanced race in 40k without being stupidly over the top.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Trayzn is perhaps the best character added to 40K in years.

Agreed, he is certainly in my top five 40k characters and if you said a Necron would make the list a couple of months ago I would have said 'lol'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm sorry you miss your old, shallow Necrons with the glossed over fluff and relatively no backstory.

Is that at all what I said? I think not. What I said is that I miss the fact that the new fluff fails to reflect solidarity with the paradigmatic elements from which it supposedly springs. The fluff from the previous book was indeed incomplete. It needed fleshing out and a philosophically-insightful writer to guide it into maturation. This was unfortunately not accomplished in the new book. What we received instead is an amaturish attempt at a Necron comic book. Hence, what is missed is the metaphysical imagination that once gave the Necrons their mystique as a faction in the 40K universe.

Chapter-Master

I just want to be clear:

You just used Necron, paragidmatic elements, philosophically insightful, metaphysically insightful, and Warhammer 40k in the same paragraph.

And you allude to the fact that 40k, what with the 8-foot tall genetically enhanced killing machines, ramshackle spore-people, and space elfs isn't already a bit comic-booky.

I'm just saying.

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I just want to be clear: You just used Necron, paragidmatic elements, philosophically insightful, metaphysically insightful, and Warhammer 40k in the same paragraph. And you allude to the fact that 40k, what with the 8-foot tall genetically enhanced killing machines, ramshackle spore-people, and space elfs isn't already a bit comic-booky. I'm just saying.
    you smell something...oh someone got burned

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that Swordthain has any degree of consideration for those who communicate outside the sphere of his/her lexicon. Perhaps you would be better served conversing in a less subjective and more phrenic way?

Nyuk nyuk nyuk...

I can see I'm wasting my time...

Chapter-Master

Because clearly your 4 posts indicate an inordinate amount of time spent.

www.queencityguard.com

Occuli Imperator

Exactley what does post count have to do with Necron fluff? On topic please.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast