BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Popkhorne View Post
    Except your taking the fluff just as seriously, just with the opposite opinion. Wards fluff isn't bad because its ridiculous its bad because its poorly written. Way to imply that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a pedantic nerd.
    Except that it isn't. He's a decent enough writer. No better, no worse than any of the other codex writers. The Matt Ward haters are butthurt over what amounts to about 4 pages out of 400 pages of codex. That's 1%. Not to mention his army books provide multiple viable army builds. I'll take it any day of the week.

The necron dex is great. The crons barely had any fluff previously, and now they have a fun, diverse army book that provides them with a Ton of character and, again, multiple viable army builds.

Also. If you're claiming that all dudes interested in 40k are on the same level of Nerdiness, you're incredibly naive. It's like that whole girls and the feel better friend. If you don't know who the feel better friend is, it's you. If you think all dudes playing 40k are as nerdy as you, you're probably on the SUPER nerdy, I never played sports, girls make me nervous side of the nerd kingdom. It's just how it is.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Popkhorne View Post
    Except your taking the fluff just as seriously, just with the opposite opinion.
    How is "whoooo! stuff just blew up, and that's awesome" taking it too seriously?

Like all the reviews for John Carter. Either they're all "it sucked, because it wasn't gritty enough" or "that was a pretty cool movie, it was absurd adventuring".

40k fluff is fun, because it's absurd. Who cares if Ward's fluff is absurd in a slightly different way, or it Ward's fluff contradicts some older fluff?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I love the new Necron fluff. It gives personality to the poor space robots. I didn't really like having three mindless killer armies (Orks count because they fight and kill for no reason other than that is what they were made to do, yes they have character, but I didn't like that there were so many armies that didn't have reasons to fight other than that is what they were made for). I also don't mind the Blood Angels/Necrons alliance. If the Necrons are as old as all that there is a good chance they have fought the Tyranids before and understand what is going on, therefore, they would want to stop the Tyranids just as much as the Blood Angels. It's sort of hard to rule the galaxy when there is no galaxy to rule.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516